Author Topic: Recommendations for a Varmit Scope  (Read 522 times)

Offline JoeBru

• Trade Count: (0)
Recommendations for a Varmit Scope
« on: November 13, 2004, 09:31:34 PM »
Would appreciate advice on a scope for a new varmit rifle. I'm after a 4 to 16 or similar magnification range with up to a 50 mm objective lens. What are the pros and cons for Leupold V111, Zeiss Conquest, Nikon Monarch, Bushnell Elite 4200? Has anyone done any side by side comparisons. Many Thanks.[/b]

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
    • http://www.theopticzone.com
Recommendations for a Varmit Scope
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2004, 02:16:57 AM »
I have look through all of these scopes and the Nikon Monarch is the best scope of the bunch.  The clarity and brightness is outstanding for the money.  When comparing the other scopes, they are all very close in quality, but when you look at price compared to quality, the Nikon Monarch and Bushnell Elite 4200 stand out.
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

The Place for all your Optic Needs!

Offline bigdaddytacp

• Avid Poster
Re: Recommendations for a Varmit Scope
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 01:48:51 PM »
Quote from: JoeBru
Would appreciate advice on a scope for a new varmit rifle. I'm after a 4 to 16 or similar magnification range with up to a 50 mm objective lens. What are the pros and cons for Leupold V111, Zeiss Conquest, Nikon Monarch, Bushnell Elite 4200? Has anyone done any side by side comparisons. Many Thanks.[/b]
..........I have several Leupolds and a Zeiss conquest......got the Zeiss just for the side focus to try it......I seldom am disappointed with the performance of the Leupold scopes and their resale and reputation are hard to match or beat.......my oldest Vari X III is nearly 20yrs old and still clear and tracks well.........I won't knock any of the others.....the Zeiss is about two years old and has been great so far.......Leupold is great to deal with if a problem ever occours.........good luck and good shooting!!