Author Topic: My first NEF buck  (Read 677 times)

Offline Tom H.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
My first NEF buck
« on: November 23, 2004, 12:26:58 AM »
I picked him up yesterday morning with the 20ga TrackerII and Platinum tips. The shot was 50 yards and the slug was under the skin in the off shoulder.

http://www.hunt101.com/showphoto.php?photo=224387&sort=7&thecat=500&password=

Offline hellacatcher

• A Real Regular
My first NEF buck
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2004, 12:52:17 AM »
Good shooting
from Tennessee---Paul

Offline jschance

• Avid Poster
My first NEF buck
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2004, 02:18:43 AM »
Good Shooting, nice deerl

Those 20 gauge Tracker II's make nice little slug guns, don't they.  What kind of scope did you mount on yours?

I run a simular set up, and picked up a nice little button buck at the start of the season using the Remington Solid Copper saboted round.

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/album_pic.php?pic_id=390

Offline jeff223

My first NEF buck
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2004, 06:17:40 AM »
NICE DEER GUYS :toast:
those NEF 20ga  Tracker 2s and Ultraslugs are great slug guns.i sure love mine.they will shoot with any slug gun going.the 12s are great too but the recoil is a little more :)

Offline Tom H.

• Avid Poster
My first NEF buck
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2004, 07:16:24 AM »
I put one of the Walmart special 2.5x tascos in  detachable Warne rings and bases (go figure).   The bases are low enough to clear the iron sites, but I had to grind the hammer.  The eye bell is small enough to give enough clearance to get my finger in.
I will probably be lending it to a friend who I'm taking out on Thursday for his first deer hunt.  Hopefully he will do well with it as well.

T.

Offline jschance

• Avid Poster
My first NEF buck
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2004, 07:29:50 AM »
I had to take a bit off of the hammer on my gun also.  I used a weaver mount intended for a regular Handi Rifle and regular Weaver rings.  I wanted the scope to be as low as possible over the bore of the gun.  

I had counted on having to remove material from the hammer to accomplish that, so I wasn't suprised when I had to.

I liked the weight of the Tracker II and the cheaper cost compared to a Ultra, and mine will hold a 2" group at 100 yards using the Remington's.  I tried the Winchester Partitions, but they just weren't as accurate as the Remington's.  I'm interested in trying the Remington Bonded bullets sometime, but it was sighted in for the Coppers, so that's what I went with this year.

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
My first NEF buck
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2004, 10:24:21 AM »
Congrats guys!

I broke in two NEF's last year, a 20ga Ultra Slug (8 pt) and a SS Huntsman (doe). :grin:
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member