Author Topic: handi rifle & nef sluggun shooters are you hunting?  (Read 512 times)

Offline jeff223

• Trade Count: (0)
handi rifle & nef sluggun shooters are you hunting?
« on: November 17, 2004, 01:40:48 PM »
i just wondered about this.i do think all the gun seasons are under way now and i dont see many reports.

on the 15th i killed two bucks with my 20ga ultraslug.i spent the day in a tree stand and i shot one at 9 AM and another one at 4:30 PM.i have a differant computer now so i must learn how to download a picture into this unit.i will post a picture soon.these bucks were just one and a half year olds.the first one was a 7pt and the other one was a 3pt.maybe this weekend for the picture

Offline MTNMAN

• Avid Poster
handi rifle & nef sluggun shooters are
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2004, 12:26:41 AM »
Monday 22 Nov is our opener...Sightin' in is done, scoutin' is done, and the Ultra 20 and Huntsman are ready as usual...Just have to figure which one I wanna use to fill the Freezer....MTNMAN :wink:
Patience comes with age & you can't teach common sense

Jeff Gannon who was known to his many friends here as Mtnman passed away the other day. 09-27-05

Offline Tcallbuilder

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2004, 12:37:03 AM »
Hey Jeff;
Congrats on those deer....ought to make for some good eatin!!

Here in Va. we just finished up a week of early MZ season and are comming to the end of the first week of rifle. (2 week season)

I took a 4pt opening day of the mz season w/huntsman
then a 3pt. opening day of rifle w/ handi (30-06)

My mom who is 76 years old took a nice 4pt opening day.....then said she is going after the (big boy) next.....hey dont laugh.....Id say she will get him!!!

TCB

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2004, 10:46:53 AM »
It's shotgun season here and I've taken my guun to work everyday and planned to leave early but it never seems to happen. Passed on an easy shot at two does Monday. I was hoping for that big buck. I'm more of a late season hunter so I'm not too worried about that empty freezer yet. I've still got deer sausage left from last year.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline offhand35

• Trade Count: (74)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2004, 11:13:07 AM »
:D Connecticut's State Land shotgun "A" Season started on the 17th til the 26th. I have a State Land  tag for the "B" Season, 11/27 -12/7, and a ML state land tag for 12/8 - 12/21.
Private land hunters can use shotgun or rifle or ML during ML season on 10 acres or more...

My Tracker II is ready! Federal 2 3/4" 1 oz sabot for 1 1/2" groups @ 50 yds, and on the pie plate at 100 yds. ...Open sights, don't forget.....

When I was out for turkey last month (did not see or get one), I encountered 3 bucks chasing a doe across my path, on a trail that I take a stand on during deer season.  When I whistled, the last and largest buck stopped to look and gave me the most perfect shot......but it was 4 weeks too early......... :o
Squirrel.......the OTHER dark meat.....!

Offline buckslayer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2004, 01:36:20 PM »
went on my state hunt-saw 5 deer, 4 bucks 1 doe. didn't get a deer but had a shot at a fork horn-i wanted a big(4x4 or bigger) or a doe. but i did see deer so thats all that counts. i'm going hunting on some farm land, got lots of deer on it-think i'll shoot what comes out first. if i get a big buck ,sweet, if i get a small buck or doe i'll be eatin' good :wink:
I've got to many but never enough!!!! :eek: