Author Topic: wern't pretty  (Read 331 times)

Offline od green

• Trade Count: (0)
wern't pretty
« on: November 22, 2004, 02:16:49 PM »
Fri morning had three come out, hunting hard woods, first one came and turn away, the other two came out about 60yrds,it was on a mowed trail pulled up and shot at the second one, shot over it they both turned and hauled butt, like a dummy the first decided to turn and come back. Bad mistake.
 What i thought was a good hit turned out to be a track from hell. Violated all the basic rules. Lessond learned ( Don'T make this mistake )  Got a lot of blood then petered out about 50 yrds , bright red. Ya think you know your stuff when you read articles say about blood trails ( bubbles in the blood ) or gut shot. Seem's i didn't hit either. when't back to camp to get help.  We waited about two hours.
 To make a long story short we decided to drive, it was a small patch of woods, and finally did get my deer. It sure is a piece of humble pie waiting and knowing you have a wounded deer down.
  I've been hunting for over 20 years and the first time you don't follow the basics Guess what's going to happen.
  Hope this help's some one.