Author Topic: soap  (Read 612 times)

Offline rickyp

• Trade Count: (19)
soap
« on: December 23, 2004, 01:43:06 PM »
what soap do you people use before going deer hunting.

Me I like to use Ivory or a special no scent hunting soap.
I have tried the fall blend and others that smell like dirt. but I don't like them. if something should happen and I have do go someplace other then the woods I get strange looks.

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
soap
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2004, 02:27:26 PM »
I use the same soap I use day to day, Coast.  I only try to mask my scent during bow season. I use Scent Destroyer by Outhouse Scents and Products made in Maryland and I just started using White lightning scent eliminator.  Work great during bow season. I have had deer within 5 yards of me and they did not know I was there. I don't worry to much about it in gun season. :D
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline rickyp

• Trade Count: (19)
soap
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2004, 02:39:40 PM »
use Scent Destroyer by Outhouse Scents and Products made in Maryland
you got a phone number or website for them? I like to try and keep my money in state when I can.
I just started using White lightning scent eliminator. Work great during bow season
I smelled this stuff and didnt care for it. right now I have about 2 cases of scent eliminator I got from walmart for $0.25 a bottle on sale :-)  It smells like fresh dirt and works as well as any others I have tried. the early Muzzle loading season I took a deer at just 10 feet from me whit this stuff on.

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
soap
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2004, 01:23:40 AM »
rickyp, there is no phone number or address on the bottle. I get it from K&L Archery in Smyrna Delaware. It is call Outhouse Scents and Products bottled in Maryland . There phone number is 302-653-2577 give them a call and see if they can give you any info.  :D
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline PA-Joe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
soap
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2004, 01:40:54 AM »
You can get good soap from mamaflinter. No scent or scented. She makes it herself.

Offline jbtazgrabber

• Trade Count: (20)
  • A Real Regular
uu
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2005, 05:03:54 PM »
lava  soap  noting more......sauve 1.oo a bottle shampoo,  apple if i need a  flavor.......i aways take a apple to the woods,,ill eat the inSide and rub the red outside over my boots armpits of my coat and on my gloves....i smoke but ill take my glove off to smoke......i get deer real close usally feet.not yards...im afraid of heights so i hunt on the ground...i still hunt a lot also.....i think the apple is the trick....i live in ok.  they dont have any apple trees in woods unless you count hegapples....all i can say is it works 4 me .......i usally do better than the others in my hunting party....and are hunting party does better than the average hunter ....JB

Offline riddleofsteel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
soap
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2005, 06:08:23 PM »
Standard PHISODERM body and skin cleanser will kill the bateria on your skin. That is what causes the smell. Another treatment is to bathe in cheap rubbing alcohol. (DO NOT DO THIS AROUND A SPARK OR FLAME) Again if you kill the bateria the smells go away.
When I bowhunt I use PHISODERM to bathe and wash my hair. I wash my hunting clothes in non scented-non ultra-violet enhanced soap like Sport Wash and store it in an old plastic bag until I get to the woods.
I have had deer on the ground close enough to touch without being scented
...for him there was always the discipline of steel.

They all hold swords, being expert in war: every man hath his sword upon his thigh because of fear in the night.
Song of Solomon 3:8