Author Topic: Shooting Sports USA  (Read 842 times)

Offline ajj

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Shooting Sports USA
« on: December 02, 2004, 03:21:17 AM »
Nomad is to be commended for all his hard work getting articles on silhouette in this national magazine. The latest issue is fantastic with three feature articles on the Nationals. The articles are interesting and well written and include educational sidebars about rules and equipment. Apparently Ernie even does the photography. This has got to be good for the sport.
Anybody who doesn't subscribe to this NRA monthly should look into it for the match schedules if nothing else. It's cheap, too. I mean inexpensive.

Offline nomad

• Contributor
Shooting Sports USA
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2004, 04:45:13 AM »
Aw...Shucks! (Shuffle, shuffle.)

All compliments gracefully (gratefully?) accepted.

Please note however:
Those great pics of THE DOUSING were taken by Charlie McClure.

That was the perfect secret. I think the only people there who were unaware that this was coming were Agustin and his spotter/coach...that Tirador guy!  :-D There were more cameras clicking while the water was flying than you see at a Hollywood opening!

When the editor gives me a schedule for when he'd like to run it, there's an interview-based article on Agustin waiting to go. He really was the star of the show. If he can do it again, I don't know whether the rest of us should quit the game or just start making an annual pilgramage to his birthplace!  :?
E Kuney

Offline nomad

• Contributor
Shooting Sports USA
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2004, 04:58:43 AM »
PILGRIMAGE!
(One of these days I'm going to remember to run spellcheck before posting!)
E Kuney

Offline Arizona Jake

• Contributor
Shooting Sports USA
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2004, 09:29:49 AM »
A pilgimage to Chula Vista/Tijuana may bring back some very strange memories for some of us... :wink:
Joaquin B.:cb2:

Offline DanDeMan

• Avid Poster
Shooting Sports USA
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2004, 10:10:59 AM »
Boys,

I just gotta say that McClure and Boydstun sure are stunning in their Aloha-Silhouette chic.  What a fashion statement.  Hey Charlie, I didn't see you shouldering your custom 2x4 stock.  What happened?  Did you decide that you had an unfair advantage:-)
All the best,

Dan Theodore

Offline nomad

• Contributor
Shooting Sports USA
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2004, 12:11:19 PM »
Jake: 'pilgimage'?
Dan: 'fasion'?

Are you guys trying to make me feel better or can't ENY of us spel? :shock:
E Kuney

Offline DanDeMan

• Avid Poster
Shooting Sports USA
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2004, 12:21:36 PM »
Yo E,

Phat phingers will do that to one....smelling and typing have never been my fortes.

Very nice article.  I think you missed your true calling, shoulda hung up the "stick" and got with the pen long ago.
All the best,

Dan Theodore

Offline Arizona Jake

• Contributor
Shooting Sports USA
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2004, 12:58:58 PM »
My excuse is that I am trying to type to quickly and I am not accustemed to using spell chek... :P
Joaquin B.:cb2:

Offline TX Charlie

Shooting Sports USA
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2004, 03:20:42 PM »
Dan,
Just wish we could match the correct drinks with the Aloha-Silhouette chic shooting shirts.  I want the little umbrella and a cherry with each drink. A formal protest will be filed to allow "wet" matches again... :twisted: ..Can't shoot, but are here to have fun.  ha ha ha.
If anyone wants pictures from the nationals, I have most of those from the article and many others that I took at Raton. shakyhold@yahoo.com with your requests.
C-Ya,
Charlie

Offline Gringo Grizzly

Shooting Sports USA
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2004, 02:46:31 AM »
Agree that this was probably the best writeup on silhouette shooting I've seen in any magazine/periodical.

Great Job!
Gringo