Author Topic: JERSEY DEP KEEPS HUNTERS OFF PUBLIC LANDS  (Read 638 times)

Offline Dali Llama

• Trade Count: (0)
JERSEY DEP KEEPS HUNTERS OFF PUBLIC LANDS
« on: December 02, 2004, 07:49:17 AM »
NEW JERSEY DEP KEEPS HUNTERS OFF PUBLIC LANDS

. . . In a continuing confrontation between New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection commissioner Bradley Campbell and the sportsmen he is supposed to be serving, a state court delivered a significant decision for Campbell when it ruled that the DEP can ban black bear hunting on state-owned lands. Scheduled to begin on Dec. 6, the second annual bear hunt, whose fate was to be decided by the New Jersey Supreme Court after the case was presented today, has proven to be a test of management authority between the commissioner who opposes the hunt and the state's Fish and Game Council, which supports and has authorized the hunt. Thus far, the state's judicial system has recognized the council's authority, but the Appellate Division of Superior Court ruled that Campbell had the right to close state lands to bear hunting, if the season is ultimately authorized. It is unclear whether Campbell's action will jeopardize the state's receiving almost $2 million in federal aid, which a letter from the U.S. Department of the Interior earlier threatened.
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline jh45gun

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2004, 07:21:18 PM »
Quote from: TM7
Actually,New Jersey DEP wants to use birth control on overpopulated bears and other species. But how do you get those bears to use condoms??? :-)

..........TM7

Education!  :-D  :-D  :-D  :D
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline tscott

• Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2004, 01:23:14 AM »
I just was in Joisey, to see my Grandchildren. Apparently the state commish is using hunters money that hunters thought was for the purchace of a bear permit, as funding for the bear contriception program.
Joisey has long had a western bear problem that could be controlled by a responsible hunt. Fat chance in our most populous (per sq. mile) state.
What would one expect from a place where the Gov. has made his sexual orientation the focus.

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2004, 10:04:56 AM »
Quote from: TM7
how do you get those bears to use condoms???
Very, very carefully, say Dali Llama. :-)

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2004, 12:17:02 PM »
Their going to have to hire some realy tough game wardens :-D  :-D  :-D
Reminds me of a joke.
Whats meaner than a Pit Bull with the Claps?

The feller that gave it to him :-D  :-D  :-D

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2004, 05:17:49 AM »
Quote from: Hooker

Whats meaner than a Pit Bull with the Claps?

The feller that gave it to him
:eek: Yikes, say Dali Llama! :eek: