Author Topic: Finally bagged one  (Read 467 times)

Offline JPSaxMan

• Trade Count: (0)
Finally bagged one
« on: December 11, 2004, 02:12:01 PM »
Well fellas...I finally hit it big. What happened to me I think is pure luck. Today was the last day of the rifle season. I went on some private land w/ some friends and sat in a treestand @ around 2:00. At 4:00, one guy was gonna drive deer. Well, not long after 4:00 I see something out of the corner of my eye and to my amazement....DEER. Wow, they didn't fall off the face of the earth  :roll: . Well, being Mr. Stealth I snuck my head around the other side to see when the 2 deer were going to move. Well, the first one started at a dead trot. I got the rifle up and yelled out a bleat to stop her. When she did stop @ 20 yds, a .243 w/ 95 grain ballistic tips dropped her. I saw her twitching, almost looked like she was gonna get up again so I shot once more to seal the deal. Nice doe (approx 80 lbs) and it's meat in the freezer. Such a great feeling  :grin: . Still got one more tag. And that's for late archery and/or late muzzleloader. And it's an antlered tag if I use the bow. OR...it's an antlered or antlerless tag if I use the muzzleloader. Whatever seems more interesting. Take care!  :D
JP

Attorney: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in
his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?

Doctor: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
Finally bagged one
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 04:39:24 PM »
Congratulations on the deer, nice to put some meat in the freezer.  :D
I prefer to have a doe for meat anyways. They always seem to taste better.  :grin:
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA