Author Topic: After the rain, the rainbow! Dried out and tagged out in TX  (Read 412 times)

Offline huntsman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
After the rain, the rainbow! Dried out and tagged out in TX
« on: December 04, 2004, 07:03:33 PM »
My previous post bemoaned my hunting situation of a week and a half ago because of the incessant rain, swampy conditions, and wet gear down here in South Texas.

Well, the sun finally came out for four days and dried things out enough for me to give it another go. Went out Wednesday evening and about 5:00 spotted a six-point that bedded down just over the fence. He was pushed out within ten minutes by the approach of grazing cows, circled behind me, and was later joined by a very nice mature buck who teased me twice by walking up to the fence, acting like he was going to jump, then walking away.

The third time he went a little further down the fenceline, and obliged by jumping over and giving me a quartering forward shot. The Swede did her thing to perfection, and venison is now hanging. Ten points, four of which are 10" or better, a nicely balanced, beautiful rack. I'm having this one European mounted. :grin:

I'm happy now except that I'm tagged out for the season.  :cry:
There is no more humbling experience for man than to be fully immersed in nature's artistry.