Author Topic: first deer with rifle  (Read 506 times)

Offline searsmann

• Trade Count: (0)
first deer with rifle
« on: December 05, 2004, 09:58:35 AM »
this is a pic of my first deer with a rifle here in pa. i shot many a deer with a bow but never with a rifle and never this big. i just purchased a tikka t3 in 7mm-08 s/s from gunbroker this year and a zeiss conquest from the optic zone and it seems when i buy something new it always pays off.

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/album_pic.php?pic_id=493

Offline searsmann

first deer with rifle
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2004, 10:05:15 AM »
i tried to insert the image from gallery any help would be appreciated[/url]

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
first deer with rifle
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2004, 10:15:15 AM »
We're having a temporary problem with the images from the gallery not wanting to show as images in the body of the messages here on the forums. Hope to get it worked out soon. In the mean time I changed it to a URL. Anyone can just click on the link and it will show the photo. Nice buck.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline hardertr

• A Real Regular
first deer with rifle
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2004, 10:52:05 AM »
NICE DEER!  Did you weigh it?  Looks pretty heavy.  (the average deer here only dresses out around 100 pounds, and doesn't have a rack NEAR as thick as yours)

:eek:    Seems like you went all out on the rifle/scope combination!  Most people start out with rifle, THEN graduate to bow hunting.  What made you want to start hunting with a rifle now??
The problem with troubleshooting is....sometimes it shoots back!

Offline rockbilly

first deer with rifle
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2004, 03:28:00 PM »
:D Hey Searsmann, Nice big deer. But I got a question, What's that white stuff in the picture?

It's been many years since I've hunted in snow.  I'm between Abilene and San Angelo Tx, we hit freezing one time this year, for the most part, it been 50-60 degree days.  Makes for confortable hunting.

Offline searsmann

first deer with rifle
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2004, 06:27:46 PM »
hardertr i did not get a chance to weigh it because i had to hurry and get it down to butcher shop because we were going home the next day which was this past saturday. i only started hunting again these past 9 yrs and really liked shooting the bow and shot a big 4 pointer and doe the first yr and a few other bucks and does since. only started rifle hunting these past 4 yrs with my old winchester 270 with a weaver 4x12x40 ao scope and last year i saw a 6 pointer but could not shoot because the scope got fogged up from the cold wheather so this year i wanted a new setup. rockbilly where i hunt in potter county in pa we recieved a coating of snow over night thur into fri and on sat it was only 17 deg.