Author Topic: wolf ammunition?  (Read 442 times)

Offline squidkid

• Trade Count: (0)
wolf ammunition?
« on: December 11, 2004, 01:52:44 PM »
i picked up a few(5) boxes of the wolf slugs today at meijers for a $1.79/box. they kinda remind me of the brenneke slug. any correlation and has anyone tried them?

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
wolf ammunition?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 05:43:33 PM »
If they are not sabot type slugs you may experience a lot of leading. They'll shoot alright but the leading will eventually kill your accuracy. It's just not the right slug for a rifled barrel. Unless you want to do a lot of cleaning. I've never shot any through my rifled slug barrels so this is going on the experiences that other folks have posted here.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
wolf ammunition?
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2004, 05:46:03 PM »
squidkid,

I have shot them out of a rifled bore and a smooth bore with rifled choke tube. The slugs shot great at 50 yards, but were keyholing and all over the place at 100 yards. I never tried them at 75 yards but have heard that is about the limit.

They can't hold a candle to Rottweil Brenneke, but could be used at 50 yards to get you on paper when sighting in a new scope. Go to the Wolf website and they only claim they are a 50 yard slug.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member