Author Topic: aftermarket stocks and such for tracker 2 ?  (Read 577 times)

Offline squidkid

• Trade Count: (0)
aftermarket stocks and such for tracker 2 ?
« on: December 10, 2004, 12:10:45 PM »
a friend of mine gave me a 12 gauge NEF tracker 2 the other day. i was wondering if there are any aftermarket stocks, forearms, recoil pads or sights that can be purchased to 'trick' it out a little. my son is a few years away from hunting with it, but i think it would be a fine gun for him to start with. i assume that this light gun will kick like mad. i dont really want him being afraid of shooting it..........

can this barrell be drilled and tapped for a scope?

thanks

Offline yukonjim

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2004, 12:47:00 PM »
PM sent.

yukonjim

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2004, 01:11:36 PM »
Not only would it be a fine one fine starter gun it's a good hunting gun period. A lot of folks use them with great success that are far from beginners. One warning about using it as a starter gun. It will have a lot of felt recoil due to the light weight. I know some folks have added peep sights and had the barrel drilled and tapped for scopes. I would recommend a good smith for any such work due to the relatively thin chamber wall. Some stock alternative can be found at www.gunstocksinc.com , www.riflestocks.com , www.centerfiresystems.com. Welcome to the board. There is alot of knowledge here and a good bunch of guys. Keep the 12 for yourself and get the kid a 20 ga tracker2. Another source for accessories is the parts and accessory catalog from H&R you have to call customer service and request it.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Chainsaw

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2004, 01:20:33 PM »
I have both my 20ga. Trackers outfitted with a scope and were drilled and tapped by my smith and the NEF rail added. He wants .250 thickness before he taps into a barrel. I don't believe the 12 ga. Tracker would meet "his" requirement.

The 2o ga. with the Federal 3" Hydra-Shok slug or the Barnes offering are very mild recoil and shoot straight in my wifes Tracker 20 ga. I also believe the 12 would recoil too much for a youth hunter. Perhaps a trade could be made by you on a 20. Hope this helps

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2004, 01:53:16 PM »
:D , Fist off squidkid, Welcome aboard and Merry Christmas!!!
That done, my gunsmith, who is a stickler for safety, has evaluated H&R 12 gauge barrels (and continues to do so on a barrel by barrel case after recieving the barrel) has drilled and tapped my smoothbore 24" barrel as well as my Tracker II barrel and mounted a scope rail for me. I have put a red dot on the smoothbore and now shoot Brenneke-Rottwiel MP slugs into a ragged clover-leaf hole at 50 yards. He has since done a few for guys here and all are happy. It does take a special guy to do the job properly. That said I agree the 12 guage Handi is to much gun to start a youngster out on, it will hurt, the youngster will not want to shoot again soon and will surely develop a flinch, heck, many adults do!!!....<><.... :eek:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline squidkid

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2004, 01:54:56 PM »
thanks for the welcome and response guys.