Author Topic: .223 Rem Glasser ammo  (Read 1183 times)

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
.223 Rem Glasser ammo
« on: March 19, 2003, 06:22:04 PM »
Some forum I read had a question about frangible bullet ammo.  Can't remember where. A couple years ago I picked up a pack of 6 rounds of Glasser .223 ammo - we were having problems with stray dogs.  town had a new, good dog catcher now so the need is gone - and I never did use any of this ammo.

I have wondered how the accuracy was - they are pretty spendy (about $15.00 for 6 I think) so I hesitated to burn them up.  Now that the problem is gone I decided to try out a few shots.

The load is a 45 gr frangible bullet (blue tip). Tried 3 shots yesterday, 1 at 50 yds and 2 at 100.  I was really impressed by the accuracy.  My rifle was zeroed in for some 52 gr Speer loads at 100 yards.  The 50 yd shot was about 1/2 in high of where the  Speers hit at 50 yds and about 1 inch high at 100. The 2 shots at 100 yds printed less than 1/2 in apart.  I am favorably impressed with their accuracy.  Though the test is admittedly very small.  Thought this might help someone who is interested.  I've done no tests for performance.
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA