Author Topic: Pardner .410 Any Good?  (Read 721 times)

Offline BC73

• Trade Count: (0)
Pardner .410 Any Good?
« on: December 13, 2004, 05:38:49 AM »
This question is a little late, because just a few hours ago, I picked up a Pardner .410 for my daughter for christmas. I have a 20 H&R and a 12g Ultra Slug Hunter Dlx. So I figured I couldn't go wrong with the NEF.  She's 10 and has shot my 20g but the recoil is a bit much, the 410 has a 26 barrel I figured she will grow into it very quickly. Any of you guys have one of these and hows it hold up? Thanks :D

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Pardner .410 Any Good?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 07:51:05 AM »
If your asking if they are any good, no, they are great!!! Will they hold up?, your daughters grandchildren will be shooting it!!! A great Christmas gift....you did good!!!....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Pardner .410 Any Good?
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2004, 12:38:53 PM »
MSP hit the nail on the head.   #6 shot is good for squirrel, 7-1/2 works well on bunnies.  Pattern the gun with as many kinds & brands of ammo as you can get hold of to see what shoots the best pattern in your gun.  Mine shoots a more even pattern with 2-1/2" Remington #6 than it does with 3" Winchester #6 but yours may be different.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline DaveH

• Contributor
Pardner .410 Any Good?
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2004, 12:58:50 PM »
Brett,
           My NEF 410 also patterns better with the 2 1/2" then it does with the 3".  

BC I think you did great getting her the 410 and when she gets older just send it in and get another barrel on it for her.
Dave H.
US Army SFC(Ret)

Offline BC73

Pardner .410 Any Good?
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004, 01:26:25 PM »
Another Barrel, I forgot about that, I can upgrade it later, Sounds great, I know she'll love it! Im gonna get a case and some shells and we're gonna goto the woods after Christmas to let her shoot.

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Pardner .410 Any Good?
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2004, 01:50:24 PM »
The NEF shotguns are so inexpensive that it is hardily worth going through the trouble of sending yours back to the factory for another barrel when for about $25 or $30 more you can get a whole nother gun.  If you check the used gun racks you can get an entire gun for less than what a barrel would cost after paying the new "fitting charge" and for the shipping to and from H&R.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline ray_g

Pardner .410 Any Good?
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2004, 04:49:14 AM »
I loaned my Topper Jr. 410 (22" barrel) for a friend to take his son hunting for the first time, and he got a bird, and the adults were skunked.  Of course, I credit his success to my gun.  I have also used it for training kids for Cowboy Action Shooting, so it has gotten a lot of use and holds up well.  The H&R guns are built like the proverbial house.  I think your daughter will love it.