Author Topic: deserters  (Read 543 times)

Offline kevin.303

• Trade Count: (1)
deserters
« on: December 14, 2004, 11:56:20 AM »
is the US military having a problem with deserters? theres a poll on one of the canadian gun boards about wheter they should be allowed to stay in canada or sent back to states. the general agreement is send em back. most of them seem to be people who joined for the promise of a higher education and then found out it wasn't free. and the argument " i didn't think i would have to serve in a combat zone " or " i object on moral grounds " is complete bull. if thats the reason then you should never have joined up in the first place. the Brits used to say it best;

" if you take the King's shilling and you eat the King's salt, then you shall do the King's business "

that pretty much sums it up right there.
" oh we didn't sink the bismarck, and we didn't fight at all, we spent our time in Norfolk and we really had a ball. chasing after women while our ship was overhauled, living it up on grapefruit juice and sick bay alcohol"

Offline Nightrain52

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
deserters
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 12:23:47 PM »
I agree, if the authorities in Canada can track them down they should be sent back to the proper authorities here in the U.S. and be dealt with accordingly.  :eek:
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS

Offline Thomas Krupinski

• A Real Regular
deserters
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 12:41:48 PM »
The US military is much better than when I was serving because it is an all voluntary force.  Back then we had involuntary service and inaddition to people who disagreed with service for moral or political reasons, we also had those who enlisted at the suggestion of the judge to avoid incercaration.

Although many of those folks served with distinction, there were many others who caused problems which could have been avoided.  

Now, I think that if the Canadians want to accept those who enlist and desert, they are welcome to them and should keep them!  I don't think we should want them back, either in the military or civilian life and should not ever be allowed to return.  To run out on your buddies when the chips are down is something that the Canadians may find acceptable, but I have a lot of trouble with.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
deserters
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 12:43:49 PM »
Frankly I would think the Canadian people would insist that they be sent back!
  Why should they accept the offscourings, flotsam & jetsam....human debris bit of our population that wants to slither up there for solace?
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline kevin.303

• Trade Count: (1)
deserters
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2004, 12:53:42 PM »
in fact i think the prime minister even said that they would send back any deserters that were found in Canada, but i have a hard time believing the Lieberals because all the deserters will be living in Toronto voting for them.
" oh we didn't sink the bismarck, and we didn't fight at all, we spent our time in Norfolk and we really had a ball. chasing after women while our ship was overhauled, living it up on grapefruit juice and sick bay alcohol"

Offline Matt in AK

• Contributor
Rope?
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2004, 01:37:05 PM »
Get a rope?  Brand a yellow C on their forehead?  Take away their voting rights?  For every yellow-belly that runs...another, braver, better, citizen takes their place.

Citizens, especially dad-gummed volunteers, have obligations.  Don't fulfill your obligations...and lose those citizen rights.
Isaiah 6:8

Offline RaySendero

deserters
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2004, 03:37:24 PM »
We don't want'em back!
    Ray

Offline powderman

deserters
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2004, 04:47:26 PM »
MATT IN AK. Amen brother. POWDERMAN.  :(  :(  :(  :(
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline lefty o

• Avid Poster
deserters
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2004, 05:05:30 AM »
send them back to be hung! :twisted: