Author Topic: Hammer Clearance problem on NEF Sidekick  (Read 427 times)

Offline Rwalter63

• Trade Count: (0)
Hammer Clearance problem on NEF Sidekick
« on: December 11, 2004, 06:16:04 PM »
Hello

Thank you everyone for the advise in picking out a new scope. I purchased a Bushnell Banner 3x9x40 because it seemed to be the best option that I could pick up locally with out having to buy it online. Muzzleloading season starts this Wednesday here in NY and I wanted to go out to the range and have it sighted in this weekend. However I ran into a problem. First some background. I already had ordered  and received the base and the hammer extension directly from NEF. NEF recommend Weaver high mount rings so I picked up a pair. The problem is when the scope is mounted the hammer hits the underside on the back of the scope. Should I go out and see if I can find the extra high mount Weaver rings or should I return the scope and buy something in the 32mm diameter size.    Thanks for the correction I meant hammer not trigger. I was pretty tired when I typed this the first time

Thanks

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 06:42:57 PM »
I hope ya mean the hammer hits the scope! I'd pick up a set of Burris Medium or high signature zee rings and be done with it. I mount them on all my NEF rifles, medium usually work, just depends on where the scope is mounted and how big the power ring or ocular bell is. I have most of mine set so the hammer swings below the power ring. A scope with good eye relief usually makes this happen easier.
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 10:23:06 PM »
Gte ya set of Leupold #55870 Rifleman rings form Wal-Mart and lose the hammer spur...........you'll never look back.
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org