Author Topic: Backs SUV over toddler, blames Nissan  (Read 559 times)

Offline Dali Llama

• Trade Count: (0)
Backs SUV over toddler, blames Nissan
« on: December 15, 2004, 01:10:46 PM »
WFAA.com | News for Dallas-Fort Worth, Texas | Latest News

The family of a Garland girl who was accidentally killed last month when her father ran over her is suing a major car manufacturer for negligence.

On October 9, (dad) backed up his Infiniti SUV and tragically ran over and killed two-and-a-half-year-old (child).

"You just can't imagine the absence that is in our hearts right now with the loss of our daughter," mother...said. "She rocked our world ... she was everything to us."

The family is suing Nissan, the parent company of Infiniti. They claim new back-up video cameras or sensors which detect objects behind a vehicle were available, and should have been installed in their SUV.

"This manufacturer was already putting it on some of its other vehicles, and it should have put it on this one," attorney Windle Turley said.

In a phone interview with News 8, Nissan/Infiniti spokesman Kyle Bazemore said the child's death was "very sad, very tragic," but added that even when an SUV comes equipped with a back-up video camera, it's not fool-proof.

"It's a convenience; it's not a substitute for proper reversing procedures," Bazemore said. "Drivers should always turn around and look."

"Yes, it's our responsibility, but so many tragic things have happened with children because of that," (mom) said.
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline Nightrain52

• A Real Regular
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2004, 02:25:27 PM »
If anything child protective services should arrest the mother and father for negligence for not watching their child. The good old American way, put the blame on someone or something else. :eek:
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS

Offline Cowpox

• Contributor
Backs over toddler-blames Nissan
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2004, 03:35:13 PM »
Phew !!  What a relief !  Ever since last June, I have been tormenting myself for being an inattentive, careless ignoramus. Now I find out it may be Dodge's fault for not installing a gizmo that won't let the vehicle back up when something is behind.  Even better, they may owe me the price of a new lawn mower, and maybe a couple million more for my anguish and phycological damage. What's wrong with this picture. Oh yes, a Nissan. Could that mean they bought the Nissan because it was a better buy than the Fords and Chevys they looked at ? And if they had looked at a Nissan (and they might have) that had the camera and other safety features, it would have cost more, so they would have bought the one they have anyway? How can that be Nissan's fault? I sure hope they draw a jury with some common sense!  Cowpox
I rode with him,---------I got no complaints. ---------Cowpox

Offline chuckles

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2004, 05:32:22 PM »
The sad truth is that Nissan will settle the case by paying the parental idiots a lot of money. Just because it's cheaper and no adverse publicity. Just watch, by murdering their own daughter, they will collect millions. happens all the time. :x

Offline dave375hh

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2004, 04:10:18 AM »
These Morons should be arrested for reproducing in the first place!
Dave375HH