Author Topic: NEF Choke Tubes  (Read 1272 times)

Offline jvs

• Trade Count: (2)
NEF Choke Tubes
« on: December 12, 2004, 02:12:29 PM »
Will other makes of Choke Tubes screw into a NEF Shotgun or do their tube thread pattern stand alone?

I have some Mossberg tubes here and I was wondering if they would screw into a NEF Shotgun.
 If you want to run with the Wolves, you can't Pee with the Puppies.

Offline Ed in AL

• Trade Count: (0)
NEF Choke Tubes
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2004, 04:07:19 PM »
Mossberg 835 tubes will not fit, but the 500 series will. Also winchokes will fit in a NEF.

Offline JRSR126

NEF Choke Tubes
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2004, 09:17:07 PM »
I second what Ed in AL said. I bought an Undertaker Turkey Choke tube for my Topper Deluxe Classic made for a Mossberg 500. Screwed right in. I was at Walmart and bought a Mossberg 500 choke tubes in Improved Cylinder and Full for about $15 each.  This was cheaper than I saw it at Galyans and with a $4 choke tube case I am good to go.  Can't wait to test the patterns on the fire ranges and to see if the tooth paste chamber polishing technique recommended on this forum will solve the ejection problem I had. Can't wait till spring turkey season.

Offline Tcallbuilder

• Avid Poster
NEF Choke Tubes
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2004, 10:05:04 PM »
winchester/browning/mossberg tubes will work.
I use the tubes from my browning o/u in my nef turkey barrel and have no problems.

TCB

Offline jvs

NEF Choke Tubes
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004, 11:58:14 AM »
I hear that those Toppers with a .640 choke is the thing to use at block shoots.

I'm glad to hear about the Mossberg tubes fitting different make barrels.  It will save me a lot of money

Offline jvs

NEF Choke Tubes
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2004, 11:38:05 PM »
Quote from: Tcallbuilder
winchester/browning/mossberg tubes will work.
I use the tubes from my browning o/u in my nef turkey barrel and have no problems.

TCB

What about Remington tubes?

Offline Tcallbuilder

• Avid Poster
NEF Choke Tubes
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2004, 02:45:34 AM »
half_inch_group;
The remington choke wont fit the h&r/nef.
rem. is in there own little world.....they dont enterchange with any other gun.

I think most of the other gunmakers are following rem. lead. by making tubes that fit there brand only.

but there are still plenty of aftermarket win./brn./moss. tubes out there.

Hey, whats a block shoot?

TCB

Offline jvs

NEF Choke Tubes
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2004, 07:10:26 AM »
Quote from: Tcallbuilder
half_inch_group;
The remington choke wont fit the h&r/nef.
rem. is in there own little world.....they dont enterchange with any other gun.

I think most of the other gunmakers are following rem. lead. by making tubes that fit there brand only.

but there are still plenty of aftermarket win./brn./moss. tubes out there.

Hey, whats a block shoot?

TCB

The Rod & Gun Clubs in my area of the Country use Block Shoots as a fund raiser.  It's been that way around here since before I was born because my Grandfather and all of my Uncles went to Block Shoots.

What the Clubs do is have a 25 yard target area,  usually right outside the building, where they mount a 1 inch thick piece of 4x4, usually pine or fir.  The wood has an "X" drawn corner to corner.  20 to 25 people pay up to $2 a shot of #8 low brass in each "shoot' .  The person who has a BB closest to the center of the "X" wins the prize for that "SHOOT"  Prizes can be Meat or 50/50.  With a big crowd 50 shoots can take place, small crowds give you about half of that.  Some clubs now use 4x4 sheets of white cardboard instead of wood, the places I go to still use wood.

They now have a round or two for kids using a 410.  Women can have a shoot if enough of them want to participate.  Splashboards are sold and the women usually buy into those for 2 squares for $1.  (A splashboard is a big cardboard with 1 inch squares with an 'x' in each square.  Women put their names in a square and the splashboard is taken out and shot when it is full, a bb closest to the middle of any 'x' is a winner). Other raffles are usually going on all day inside the building, with all ticket holders getting free refreshments and a fast food meal.

The Rod and Guns clubs around here are Non-Profit orginizations, so they can do things like that.  I suggest if you even want to think about running a 'Block Shoot" you check out your State laws first