Author Topic: Scope rings for Rem Lss Mtn. rifle  (Read 400 times)

Offline dscott

• Trade Count: (0)
Scope rings for Rem Lss Mtn. rifle
« on: January 13, 2005, 01:43:18 AM »
Ordered a Rem LSS Mtn. rifle in 7-08 a couple of days ago.  I'm going to order a  silver 3x9 Bushnell 4200 to mount on it.  I would like to use silver rings also.  Any suggestions on rings I should buy?

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 05:34:47 AM »
Personally I'm not one to try to match base/rings/scope to SS guns. The color will never match on any of them anyway. So I use Matte base/rings and scopes on mine.

But if you just gotta I think you're best bet would be to use Weaver Silver bases and Burris Zee Rings.

All three of my LSS Mtn. Rifles wear Burris Double Dove tail bases and Signature rings.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Zachary

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 07:13:33 AM »
I don't have an LSS, but on most of my Remingtons I use the Leupold Dual Dovetails.

I have used the Signature rings with the synthetic inserts on a CZ rifle of mine in 17HMR.  They seem nice, and don't require lapping, but I wonder how long the synthetic inserts will last before affecting (if at all) the performance of the scope mount.

Zachary

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 12:16:59 PM »
I've been using the Signature rings since they came out Zach and haven't seen a problem yet.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!