Author Topic: GET OUT THE HAMMER  (Read 1267 times)

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
GET OUT THE HAMMER
« on: December 16, 2004, 01:53:30 AM »
I'm gonna get hammered, so go ahead, just make some sense out of your thought.
This thing on Michael Moore has got me wondering.
What if, just what if, the majority of folks agreed with him and they did want to take the guns. What would you do?
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline jh45gun

GET OUT THE HAMMER
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2004, 03:34:08 AM »
As a matter of principle they would not get mine they would be no where where they could get their hands on them. I sure as hell would not turn them in that is for sure!  :x
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline magooch

GET OUT THE HAMMER
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2004, 05:39:23 AM »
The majority of liberas do want to take our guns away and I'm not going to do anything about it, because it isn't worth my time to worry about what liberals fanticize about.
Swingem

Offline IntrepidWizard

GET OUT THE HAMMER
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2004, 05:56:12 AM »
4' of 18" PVC with Silicon glued caps will do it.
Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is
a dangerous servant and a fearful master. -- George Washington

Offline Num_1_Dad

• http://www.tuxrules.com/penguin
GET OUT THE HAMMER
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2004, 06:50:45 AM »
As the old saying goes:

"Give the guns to them, bullets first"
Visit my forum at www.tuxrules.com/penguin to get the latest php forum board's with built in MOD's!
Or my forum www.tuxrules.com/discussion

Offline Dali Llama

Re: GET OUT THE HAMMER
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2004, 07:24:53 AM »
Quote from: williamlayton
What if, just what if, the majority of folks agreed with him and they did want to take the guns. What would you do?

AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline CEJ1895

• Avid Poster
GET OUT THE HAMMER
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2004, 07:32:50 AM »
Most Libs are so afraid of even seeing a weapon that they'd never have the b_lls to take it away from anyone. :evil:  williamlayton, If most of the sheople did agree with that fat lying twisted son of a whale turd, there would be a ketchup monger in the White House next year!! :evil:  :evil:  Thankfully, most Americans saw through Moore's and Kerry's bull droppings and put the right man back in the white house...  :D  :D  :D  Moore couldn't tell the truth to save his soul...  Rant over... as you say Blessings...
If I can't take my rifles with me, I don't want to go!

Offline williamlayton

GET OUT THE HAMMER
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2004, 07:36:21 AM »
I kinda figgered tha cold dead fingers thang would show up rat off tha bat.
Could well happen boys. Then reality will play a bigger part than rhetoric.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
GET OUT THE HAMMER
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2004, 09:09:02 PM »
I ain't gettin out no dang hammer Will'm cuz errytime I do I end up mashing mah dang thumb.

But on this subject I've been saying for several years the day is coming when decisions will have to be made. Yes we have a Constitutionally guarantted right to own our guns. And with that a DUTY to protect and preserve that right should anyone try to take it away.

Trouble is the government is the one now trying to take it away incrementally. The courts rule against us after legislatures take it piece by piece. Eventually it will all be eroded away a little at a time. Too little at a time for most to realize what's coming in time to stop it at the polls. But then it's getting to the point where I don't think enough WANT to stop it at the polls to do so. I think eventually FORCE is the only way that will be left to stop it.

More trouble with that is that it is the GOVERNMENT that's trying to take it away. Ya know them boys what's got all the sophisticated equipment. The folks who can see thru the walls of your house to know how many of you are in there and just where in there. The folks who can see if you have a gun in your hands thru those walls and also if you have one concealed on you out on the streets or in your vehicle. The folks who have the equipment to see same from above EVEN if you have them buried in the ground in those large plastic pipes. The same folks who can now count your money from afar as long as you have the newer replacement green backs with the strip in them.

They are organized. We are not. They will come enmasse and go house to house when the time comes. Resisitance then will be more symbolic than effective. Sure some will stand and fight. They will die rather easily. Only an organized resistance could stand a chance of winning. And the one thing we gun owners are NOT is organized. We can't even agree with each other on minor issues like which gun to use. The one and only hope America has when that day comes of not going under is if the armed forces of this country stand and say NO! To me honest I do not believe they will.

So I've said that to say this. If we piss around until that time comes and do not stop it at the polls we're not gonna stop it at all. The government has too many organized troops and too much technology to stand against with fire power. We'll either stop them at the polls or not at all. Oh many good men will go down fighting for sure. But go down they will, just as surely as did David Koresh and his followers and the folks on Ruby Ridge.

I think the only real question is when. Our voting populace seems determined long term to put into power those who can and will bring this about. Small victories aside the long term slide is in that direction.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Dali Llama

GET OUT THE HAMMER
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2004, 02:26:01 AM »
I kinda figgered tha cold dead fingers thang would show up rat off tha bat.
Do williamlayton be clairvoyant or possess other similar powers, ask Dali Llama? :-D  :-D  :-D   Dali say williamlayton should thank Honorable Charlton Heston for his stand.

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
GET OUT THE HAMMER
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2004, 11:26:51 AM »
Whoooeee...

Don't it beat all how the Liberals want to take guns away from their law-abiding fellow citizens...

But strongly desire to leave guns in the hands of Fidel Castro, Saddam Hussein and other enemies of America...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Matt in AK

• Contributor
Hmmm
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2004, 02:22:19 PM »
1.  Empty a warning clip into them

2.  Reload

Seriously, some have asked when it is that revolution is proper and necessary.  The best answer I've seen is the most obvious; when they try to take away the means to revolt.
Isaiah 6:8

Offline Leverdude

• A Real Regular
Re: Hmmm
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2004, 02:45:44 PM »
Quote from: Matt in AK
1.  Empty a warning clip into them

2.  Reload

Seriously, some have asked when it is that revolution is proper and necessary.  The best answer I've seen is the most obvious; when they try to take away the means to revolt.

They already have. Like GB said they have all the good toys. We paid for them but somehow I dont think that will matter much.
Unless the military refuses, & I tend to agree with GB on this in that I dont think they will, we wont stand a chance. Not saying we shouldnt try but in reality we'll die pretty quick.
Hell look at Iraq & they had full auto AK's & RPG's & such.
We need to do it politically if we are to avoid it.
Freedoms not free!
Support your NRA!

Offline Shorty

GET OUT THE HAMMER
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2004, 03:11:11 PM »
Sure, the liberals keep trying to take our guns, but have you been paying attention?  They are on the skids!  They are losing!  
Do you know any local LEO's who would DARE come to your house to demand your guns?  They're mostly on our side!
The Army?  The National Guard?  That's the problem with the all-volunteer, professional army.  Do you think an army of citizen-soldiers (draftees among them) would fire on their own kin to get the guns?  
What good are your guns if they're burried in the back yard?  You might as well not have them.  
We're on the right track, and we're winning.  Don't be so pessimistic.      :grin:

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
GET OUT THE HAMMER
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2004, 05:09:40 PM »
Sure, the liberals keep trying to take our guns, but have you been paying attention? They are on the skids! They are losing!

Take the blinders off. How do you figure we're winning or they are losing? We started with nothing but the US Constitution and the Bill of Rights. Now what do we have? Litterally tens of thousands of laws restricting out rights and freedoms and hundreds on gun restrictions alone. How is that winning? OK we lucked out and one of all of them sunsetted. Next time a dumocrap is in office it will be back and even worse.

Even our guys the Repub's voted for the Patriot Act which is about anything but patriotism. It's all about taking away Constitutional rights for no valid reason. It will be the foundation for the fall of the US. Wait and see.

Do you know any local LEO's who would DARE come to your house to demand your guns? They're mostly on our side!

Yes actually lots of them. Most of the young ones in fact. They are smug and feel vastly superior to all us common folks and would love to come get them. Not many of the older guys would tho. But they are soon to be gone.

The Army? The National Guard? That's the problem with the all-volunteer, professional army. Do you think an army of citizen-soldiers (draftees among them) would fire on their own kin to get the guns?

Yup I agree. A draft is out very best protection against the military coming after us. Why the heck you think the founders wanted it that way and were so afraid of a strong central government or standing army? It worked all those years and is one of the best means to protect the freedom of this country.

What good are your guns if they're burried in the back yard? You might as well not have them.

None. But in all honestly with the technology they will throw at us when they come for them they'll do no more good in our hands. We'll be as out classed when they come as the folks we're fighting overseas are now.

We're on the right track, and we're winning. Don't be so pessimistic.

My but if it were only so. Take those blinders off and see what's really hapened. That the Republican's won means nothing regarding out freedoms being safeguarded. It only means we have a four year reprieive to do it politically. Hell it's already to late to do it by force.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Hooker

• Trade Count: (2)
GET OUT THE HAMMER
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2004, 07:47:40 PM »
If they want mine they can come get them. I damn sure anit gonna hide them. And they damn sure better be wanting them real bad.

Pat
" In the beginning of change, the patriot is a brave and scarce man,hated and scorned. when the cause succeeds however,the timid join him...for then it cost nothing to be a patriot. "
-Mark Twain
"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms."
-- Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, 1787. ME 6:373, Papers 12:356

Offline williamlayton

GET OUT THE HAMMER
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2004, 01:17:15 AM »
Well ol GB said it pretty well and there aint nuthin to add but Amen.
To Dali, Clairvoyant? Heck no man I use deodorant ever blasted day. Doan wash ever day, savin on tha water fer my heritage, but I do use deodorant ever day.
Rhetoric is fine for the bar or BBQ, but you really need to think this thing thru, have a REAL plan, be willing to stand by that plan and, most of all, accept responsibility for the plan.
I guess what I am saying is I got some real doubts bout some of these plans holdin up.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Dali Llama

GET OUT THE HAMMER
« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2004, 04:44:40 AM »
To Dali, Clairvoyant? Heck no man I use deodorant ever blasted day. Doan wash ever day, savin on tha water fer my heritage, but I do use deodorant ever day.
Dali Llama say perchance williamlayton has confused clairvoyance with Clairol? :(  :(  :(

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
GET OUT THE HAMMER
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2004, 05:42:47 AM »
Graybeard say perchance Dali not know when leg is being pulled by a TX redneck.  :eek:

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline Dali Llama

GET OUT THE HAMMER
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2004, 05:41:09 AM »
Quote from: Graybeard
Graybeard say perchance Dali not know when leg is being pulled by a TX redneck.  :eek:
Dali Llama say oh, he understand very well the attempts at humor employed by williamlayton. :-)   Dali say, however, that two can play at such game. :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

Offline Cowpox

• Contributor
Get out the hammer
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2004, 09:26:21 AM »
Graybeard is absolutely correct when he says that gun owners have never won anything . The best we have done since 1968 , was when we won an eight year reprieve under Reagan, and these eight years under Bush, and then only if you don't count the Patriot Act. Other than that, we have steadily lost ground, and will continue to do so. It is only a matter of time until the Lib's solid block of voters, that only vote their Government checks, will be big enough to gain back control of the House and Senate, as well as the White House. A law which prohibits private ownership of weapons is inevitable. As far as deadly force to confist from those who refuse to comply ? I'm not at all convinced it will happen. The Libs have three pipe dreams. (1) If we can get the law, people will comply. We won't. (2) The Police will use deadly force on those who don't comply. They may start out to do so, But remember. The Police are Government employees who are doing a job for pay and retirement, just like the rest of us. On their way to their third stop, one of them is going to do the math. Let's see now, At the last two stops we lost 4 dead and 2 wounded. With 2687 more addresses on the list, there is no way I'm going to live through this job! Time to go truck driving. (3) If the police can't get the job done, the Military will help. Not so. I refuse to belive our youth will be so callow as to use deadly force on their friends, neighbors and relatives, while knowing they are giving up the right to keep and bear after their tour of duty ends. I have been convinced that these are not going to happen because of events after the Stockton School Yard massacre. It is , however, hard for me to believe that an unlikely place like Califoricate has shown us how to defeat the intent and purpose of a turn-in law. After Stockton, the Liberal Governor noted that there were something over 200,000 registered and lawfully owned full automatic weapons and destructive devices, possessed by 94,000 people in the state. He asked for, and got a state law banning them and calling for them to be turned in for future tax deductions, or face healthy prison terms. The deadline came and went with a very small number turned in. They set another date, with amnesty. they got only a couple more. They set a third date, but about that time the governor started receiving letters from Para Military "survivalist" groups (whose members owned most of the weapons) telling him they weren't going to turn them in, but that they could come get them. Included were maps with directions to their compounds.  The Governor called the State Police and told them to start picking violators up. The Police told him they wouldn't fare too well against these highly motivated and well trained groups without military help, preferably some Special Forces. The Governor called the Pentagon, explained his problem, and asked for help. The Pentagon called him back and told him that they knew and in fact, had trained many of the people in these groups, and some of the group members had been in on training some of their Special Forces. They would not be able to justify the loses they would suffer in an engagement with them. "It's your law, you enforce it." The Governor went to the State House and talked about how to go about picking the offenders  up, one at a time, in their homes and places of employment. After looking everything over, they decided they couldn't afford the cost of the large penal institutions they would have to build for 94,000, or the vast number of new employees it would take to staff the new prisons. The law was quietly discarded as "unenforceable." Not a shot was fired by either side.  If we stick together, that is exactly how such a National law would end.   Cowpox
I rode with him,---------I got no complaints. ---------Cowpox

Offline Dubious Dan

GET OUT THE HAMMER
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2004, 06:13:29 PM »
Been lurking here since Marlin Talk shut down but never felt the need to post before.

What Cowpox had to say about Calf. was interesting. I hadn't heard it before.

Also, I'm with IntrepidWizard and the PVC pipe. They can't search every square inch of the country and in many rural areas there are out of the way places where things can be buried. I may not be able to get to them easily myself, but I'd have satisfaction of knowing the grabbers couldn't take them either.

I worry a lot about the kind of country my kids will have to live in. The only thing that gives me any encouragement is watching over the last 10 years or so, state after state passing concealed carry laws.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
GET OUT THE HAMMER
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2004, 06:29:29 PM »
If we stick together, that is exactly how such a National law would end. Cowpox

I hope and pray you are right. I honestly don't think so but I sure hope so. There is a vast conspricy to take away guns. I'm not really sure who is behind it ultimately but they are very powerful world wide and have darn near succeeded except here in the US. The UN troops will be happy to come take them once we get a democrap controlled Senate and a demorap Prez to sign on the dotted line and the senate to ratify. That day the US Constitution ends and anarchy begins.

The only thing that gives me any encouragement is watching over the last 10 years or so, state after state passing concealed carry laws.

That is what worries me rather than comforts me. While I've had one since '66 it really is just a registration list. Every name on the CCW list is a known gunowner. A ready made list of folks to visit to start taking the guns.

Dang it you ain't paranoid if they "really are out to get you".  :)

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

Offline Dubious Dan

GET OUT THE HAMMER
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2004, 07:34:36 PM »
Quote from: Graybeard

That is what worries me rather than comforts me. While I've had one since '66 it really is just a registration list. Every name on the CCW list is a known gunowner. A ready made list of folks to visit to start taking the guns.

Dang it you ain't paranoid if they "really are out to get you".  :)

Have to  agree that CCW is a list for the grabbers, what encourages me is the attitude of the people in the states that have CCW and their willingness to stick together and get the laws passed.

I don't have a CCW because I don't  want to be on the list. I also purchase most of my weapons from individuals so that there is no record (yellow form) of the transaction.  Ain't paranoid, just cautious. :wink:

Offline williamlayton

GET OUT THE HAMMER
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2004, 01:02:34 AM »
Dubious-
That is a GOOD plan, I will gladly accept and hold on to all of em ya'll want to send to me. :D  :D
Those were my thoughts before I got my CCW.
OL GB--we got to stop standin on tha same side of the fence, it shore is makin you look bad.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Dali Llama

GET OUT THE HAMMER
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2004, 08:58:40 AM »
OL GB--we got to stop standin on tha same side of the fence, it shore is makin you look bad.
Amen, concur Dali Llama! :D