Author Topic: Where can a guy hunt in Dec.  (Read 553 times)

Offline Daveinthebush

• Trade Count: (0)
Where can a guy hunt in Dec.
« on: December 21, 2004, 03:41:28 PM »
Where can a guy with a 4 X 4 truck and camper, trailer and ATV hunt the last 2 weeks of December in the upper North West.

I sit here almost every Christmas in Alaska wanting to hunt for the 2 weeks that I get off from teaching. There has to be a place that I could drive to in the North West that I could gun or bow hunt for some kind of big game.  Elk, antelope, whitetails, mulies.......  If it has four legs I am willing to hunt it, gun or bow.

So what are the opportunities out there guys?
AK Bowhunting Certification Instructor
AK Hunter Certification Instructor
IBEP Bowhunting Certification Instructor

Offline teb10

Late year hunting.
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2004, 05:23:20 AM »
I'm afraid you'll have to come way down south.  We can hunt whitetail until the end of January here in South Louisiana.

Regards and Seasons Greetings.

Tommy

Offline Dogshooter

• A Real Regular
  • NRA Life Member
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2004, 02:49:35 PM »
Plenty of coyotes here in SW Wyoming. Just got back in from giving two of them their Christmas presents.  (40 grin .204 V-Max pills)
Perception is everything. For instance, a crowded elevator smells different to a midget.

Offline bigbore442001

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
    • Bigbore's Outdoors.
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2004, 04:13:33 AM »
Dave, I know the feeling. I too would love to take two weeks off in October or November to hunt something like elk or antelope, but I cannot take the time off.

This school year is sort of fowled up because of the calendar.Since Christmas fell on a weekend, our school's break was shortened. I had Christmas eve off and will be going back this coming monday (January 3rd)

I did go out for deer with the muzzleloader( Massachusetts MZ season runs to the 31st) But after two weeks of shotgun season, the deer are pretty much scared silly. I did hear some deer running through the brush but that was about it so far.

It seems that the only hunting I can really do is local or a neighboring state. I might be able to swing a feral hog hunt this Febuary vacation but that is up in the air.