Author Topic: The Culture Wars Still Rage  (Read 488 times)

Offline Dali Llama

• Trade Count: (0)
The Culture Wars Still Rage
« on: December 16, 2004, 07:06:58 AM »
Albert Hunt
Wall Street Journal
December 16, 2004

Moral issues, with Republicans holding the high ground, will continue to reverberate in American politics over the next four years, and this is dicey territory for the GOP as well as Democrats. .... Peter Hart, a pollster who conducted the survey, has no doubt that the cultural wars will continue to rage. The bases of both parties, he notes, are dug in, unyielding on these issues, while the political center is wary of any major movements. The upshot: "Anyone who doesn't think social issues are going to be a big part of the political debate over the next four years doesn't understand American politics." .... Democrats do well on universally shared values; asked in the December WSJ-NBC News poll which values are associated with the Democratic Party, Americans say ensuring equal opportunity, tolerance and compassion. But it's Republicans who score high on strengthening families, raising standards of public decency, religion and faith or personal responsibility. These are the politically defining social issues, the ones that affect votes.
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2004, 01:25:51 PM »
No doubt about it Dali...this debate will continue to rage...
  The Libs started this war...I do hope the Cons will win it!!

Just a couple decades ago this nation had shared values, prayer was said in schools, holidays were celebrated in traditional ways.
   Movies were made by Hollyweird that weren't filled with crudity and verbal excrement.
   There were certain "easy to comply with" standards  of decorum and deportment...

Then, starting mildly in the "sickening sixties"...the Libs and others of poor taste decided to attempt to destroy our culture as we knew it.

Thus; they started the culture war...they brought it to us!

They have been quite successful, else I would not be referring to our culture in the "past tense"...

But now... it is time to " draw a line in the sand"....and I pray the Libs "crash and burn...".
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2004, 01:37:50 AM »
Quote from: ironglow
No doubt about it Dali...this debate will continue to rage...
Dali Llama say he unsure what it will take to culminate it... :(  :oops:  :cry:

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2004, 02:32:49 AM »
Not sure either Dali...hope it is peaceful...!
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2004, 07:31:41 AM »
Quote from: ironglow
Not sure either Dali...hope it is peaceful...!
:toast:

Offline clodbuster

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
culture wars
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2004, 12:27:05 PM »
FIGHT BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!  You gotta fight to win and you can win.  Fight on your local issues.  Stop this crap that its not pc to say Merry Christmas and schools and cities can't have Christmas parades and pagents.  I'm so d*%n mad I could spit.  The secularists are going to take away every bit of moral decency they can just like the gun grabbers take our rights if we let 'em.  Every battle won contributes to the winning of the war.  There are black and white, clear cut issues-not everything is a shade of gray.
Preserve the Loess Hills!!!

Offline Dali Llama

Re: culture wars
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2004, 12:49:49 PM »
Quote from: clodbuster
There are black and white, clear cut issues-not everything is a shade of gray.
Dali Llama say he assume that clodbuster not be extremist advocate of situational ethics??? :-D  :lol:  :)

Offline clodbuster

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
Bedrock beliefs
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2004, 01:17:22 PM »
No Dali  I don't need to take a poll to know what I think about an issue.  A minute of thought is all I need to formulate a response to a situation.  I wished wwe had more politicians that would use my operating paradigm.
Thank God for the ones that do.
Preserve the Loess Hills!!!

Offline Dali Llama

Re: Bedrock beliefs
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2004, 05:01:21 PM »
Quote from: clodbuster
No Dali  I don't need to take a poll to know what I think about an issue.  A minute of thought is all I need to formulate a response to a situation.  I wished wwe had more politicians that would use my operating paradigm.
Dali Llama say yes, they much preferred over those that must first determine which way the political wind is blowing. :x  :evil:  :twisted: