Author Topic: Dec. '44 VS Dec. 04  (Read 692 times)

Offline Shorty

• Trade Count: (0)
Dec. '44 VS Dec. 04
« on: December 21, 2004, 01:22:45 PM »
Today is a sad day in Mosul, Iraq for sure.  However, considering the news coverage of the mess tent bombing, I can't help but wonder what todays reporters would say about the horrendous loss of life and the penetrated front lines that happened in Belgium 60 years ago.  Certainly, they would be declaring the war lost and that it's time to negotiate a peace settlement.  

Maybe I'm wrong, but I get the feeling that the press would like to see this war lost only to discredit GW Bush.   :twisted:

Offline Cowpox

• Contributor
Dec.'44 vs 'o4
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2004, 08:55:33 PM »
You are absolutely right Shorty. A very sad day it was indeed. I wonder if they will be able to find the piece of the rocket that has "Made in France" on it.  As far as your observation about our Liberal three major networks, I would say, you can bet your Grandmother's ducks on it. What I find disgusting, is that if the "war hero" would have won the election, they would have changed their tune about a month from now, and bad things would get pretty low key, or ignored all together. They tend to be real upbeat when all is well in the Liberal Rock&Roll Fantasy.  Cowpox
I rode with him,---------I got no complaints. ---------Cowpox

Offline Dali Llama

Re: Dec. '44 VS Dec. 04
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2004, 01:45:11 AM »
Quote from: Shorty
I get the feeling that the press would like to see this war lost only to discredit GW Bush.  
That be sad  :(  :(  but true, say Dali Llama. :cry:
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline magooch

Dec. '44 VS Dec. 04
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2004, 02:58:15 AM »
The "war" in Iraq was won a couple of years ago.  What is going on over there now is a gorilla action that we simply have to figure out how to avoid getting into.  These are inherently no win situations, especially when the resistance fighters are suicidal and have an endless supply of ordanance.

If I hear one more silly politician say that we need more troops on the ground to "win the peace"...
Swingem

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
Dec. '44 VS Dec. 04
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2004, 06:31:36 AM »
Well, as I see it, it is the Sunni Muslims who are making all the trouble in hopes of getting Saddam back.  They constitute 40% of the population over there.  The Shiite Muslims were terribly set-upon by Saddam when he and the Sunnis were in power.  I think the Shiite Muslims will soon come to truly understand the meaning of 'majority rule', when the shiite backed and elected government swings into full authority.  Wonder what the UN will say then, hmmmm............... Just a thought.  Mikey.

Offline Cowpox

• Contributor
Dec. '44 vs '04
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2004, 06:42:23 AM »
I stand corrected. I just caught a news clip. The explosion at the mess hall was not a rocket attack, as was reported yesterday. They now suspect it was another suicide bombing committed by a person who worked in the mess hall. I suppose I should apologize to France for my comment, but somehow, I just don't feel like doing it.  Cowpox
I rode with him,---------I got no complaints. ---------Cowpox

Offline Dali Llama

Re: Dec. '44 vs '04
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2004, 08:01:12 AM »
Quote from: Cowpox
I suppose I should apologize to France for my comment, but somehow, I just don't feel like doing it.  
:grin:  :D  :bye:

Offline IntrepidWizard

Dec. '44 VS Dec. 04
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2004, 09:04:06 AM »
Dec.44 was devastaing as we were unprepared for the Battle of the Bulge and were in a mind set of winding down,about like now.
Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is
a dangerous servant and a fearful master. -- George Washington

Offline powderman

Dec. '44 VS Dec. 04
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2004, 09:48:17 AM »
I hadn't heard anything but that it was a rocket. They will find out though. Those Godless, subhuman, SOBS will pay for this. POWDERMAN.  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Dali Llama

Dec. '44 VS Dec. 04
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2004, 12:42:27 PM »
Quote from: powderman
Those Godless, subhuman, SOBS will pay for this.
:twisted:  :x  :evil: