Author Topic: looking for .41 bullet swaging supplies  (Read 748 times)

Offline Lloyd Smale

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (32)
looking for .41 bullet swaging supplies
« on: April 17, 2005, 02:22:07 PM »
buddy gave me a set up and id like to find some more half jackets a core mold and more nose punches. lws@hotmail.com
blue lives matter

Offline Rick Teal

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 08:35:40 PM »
A week ago there were some half jackets for sale on e-bay.  Can't tell you the size though.

Also, I think C-H sells some jackets for handgun bullets.
Hunting is Exciting!  Bolt actions are BORING!!
Don't mix the two!

Offline talon

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 02:20:26 PM »
I have about 500 .41cal  Herter's 1/2 jackets (.295"long, .368 ID), and a bunch of .360"d lead wire if you have a cutter.  If interested, I'll email specifics. 8)

Offline jcunclejoe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 10:07:23 AM »
You might take a look at www.ch4d.com
They sell all kinds of swaging supplies including pistol bullet jackets of various lengths. They do not have 41's listed but they do have several lengths of 44's and they sell a jacket reducing die for the 41 for about $60. It is an axtra step but should work just fine.
I spoke a bit too soon, after a bit of research I found out that the most common thing to do is to use 40 caliber jackets and swage them up to 41 in the core seat die. It is a small step up and will provide an excellent grip on the core by the jacket. It also eliminates the need for the $60 jacket draw die.
CH sells 40 caliber jackets in several lengths for right around $58 per thousand. pick your length and make 1/2 or 3/4 jacket bullets.
Joe