Author Topic: calling onesonek: 30-40 AI ?  (Read 573 times)

Offline Ravenwolf

• Trade Count: (0)
calling onesonek: 30-40 AI ?
« on: December 27, 2004, 08:50:55 AM »
onesonek, I just posted a question in the medium bore forum requesting info on the 30-40 AI.  I read in a post below on this forum that you have some experience with the 30-40AI.  How is that coming along.  I'm putting that cartridge into a falling block singleshot rifle and pistol.  Any info you can share is greatly appreciated.  Have a happy New Year...RW
shoot straight, shoot often, shoot safe

Offline onesonek

• A Real Regular
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 01:30:07 PM »
Hi Ravenwolf,
  Hmm, falling block pistol and rifle, almost sounds like a BF, and 97 D ??
Anyhow, I can't add much to what I posted below. Time ran short before hunting season. I plan on doing more load work as time and weather permits. I did find though the round, at least in my 15" Encore barrel, prefered the  the slower H4350, over the Varget and RL15 that I had started with. Either Nosler 165 gr. BT's , or the Scirocco's 165's shot well.
It would be an excellent choice for your falling blocks, with more than enough power and range for the average needs.
I be posting more as I get the data
Dave

Offline Ravenwolf

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2004, 02:05:33 PM »
Thanks Dave.  I will be looking forward to your future posts.  The falling block I'll be using isn't by EA Brown.  It is manufactured by Fenris Wolf Arms in OK.  I've heard very good things about his rifles and have decided to take the plunge.  His is a takedown falling block with extra barrels fitted.  Hopefully I'll be able to afford a three barrel set - .22 LR and 30-40 AI in rifle configuaration and 30-40 AI in pistol form for hunting here in NY.  The hard part will be the saving and the waiting...RW
shoot straight, shoot often, shoot safe