Author Topic: How Good Is This Forum??  (Read 958 times)

Offline redbuzz

• Trade Count: (0)
How Good Is This Forum??
« on: December 29, 2004, 05:40:49 AM »
Friends,

www.firearmbuzz.com reviewed 12 gun forums in 2004.  We are now reviewing an additional 10 forums to highlight on the Firearm Buzz website.  We would like to include your forum.  

If you look at our website, I think you will find we are honest and optimistic in our descriptions of the many different gun forums available on-line. (Go to the “Reviews” section and check out “Gun Forums”.)

Please let us know what you think about Graybeard…what is good and what needs improvement.  Your candid responses to this post will be very important to our final review!  

Thank you in advance.

Offline Questor

How Good Is This Forum??
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2004, 05:46:03 AM »
I couldn't figure out how to do that within two minutes, so I gave up.
Safety first

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
How Good Is This Forum??
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2004, 06:23:30 AM »
Me neither Rudy. I have to wonder just how serious they are about this or if it's just a ploy to pull folks to their site. It appears to need traffic.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Dusty Miller

How Good Is This Forum??
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2004, 07:54:23 AM »
Let me take this opportunity to say I REALLY LIKE this web site and I appreciate how well it is organized and maintained.  I expect to be here for a LONG time, or until I get thrown off for flaming some a.h. who richly deserves it!!
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!

Offline Flash

• Trade Count: (82)
How Good Is This Forum??
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2004, 10:33:11 AM »
I've been here since 1999, although the profiles read that 2002 is the joining date. Redbuzz, you're looking at the best of the best here. The topics are diverse, the members are "Top Shelf" and the knowledge here is second to none. I've been to a few forums over the years and always gravitate to this one and for obvious reasons. For anyone thinking of generating their own following on another hunting and shooting related site, my advice would be for them to join this one and save theirself a lot of grief.
What doesn't kill us, makes us stronger!

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
How Good Is This Forum??
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2004, 11:20:51 AM »
I have been to a lot of places, but nothing compares to Graybeard.  No BS here...  :toast: :D  :toast:
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline Glanceblamm

How Good Is This Forum??
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2004, 11:50:39 AM »
Agreed with Dusty Miller & Redhawk1
I have gone as far as to let my mag subscrips expire!

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
How Good Is This Forum??
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2004, 12:15:01 PM »
GB Outdoors is the best site of its kind, that I have found, on the net.  He runs a tight ship and it is a pleasure to be a member here.

Long
Life is short......eternity is long.

Offline ShootnStr8

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
How Good Is This Forum??
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2004, 01:45:47 PM »
I agree.  This is a great site with knowledgable and helpful folks.  GB Outdoors just gets better and better.   It sure has been a fun 7 years!

Happy New Year!

ShootnStr8
There is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known through Jesus.
--Blaise Pascal

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
How Good Is This Forum??
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2004, 03:51:16 PM »
reviewed forums?  you have to be kidding me.  this is THE  forum as anyone who is interested in this stuff and can follow the rules knows.   :!:

i see this as an attempt to draw others to another web site.  cheaply done and with a whopping one post total.  shame on you, this is against the rules. :evil:

if a REAL  review is going to be done, perhaps graybeard outdoors should do a review of your site.   or maybe someone at gunblast.com or another site without a conflict of interest should do it.     :bye:  

graybeard- were it me i would lock this sucker (or delete it) faster than a jackrabbit on a blind date.    :noway:

Offline redbuzz

Response to myronman3
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2004, 04:10:29 PM »
I've been in contact with Graybeard and he recommended that I post this thread in one of three other forums.  There is nothing commercial here.  I am simply trying to understand the different forums available to firearm enthusiasts (hunters, shooters, collectors, military, law enforcement), to be able to characterize them for web surfers looking for the right forum for them.

Hope this helps.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
How Good Is This Forum??
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2004, 02:10:36 AM »
reviewed forums? you have to be kidding me. this is THE forum as anyone who is interested in this stuff and can follow the rules knows.  

i see this as an attempt to draw others to another web site. cheaply done and with a whopping one post total. shame on you, this is against the rules.  

if a REAL review is going to be done, perhaps graybeard outdoors should do a review of your site. or maybe someone at gunblast.com or another site without a conflict of interest should do it.  

graybeard- were it me i would lock this sucker (or delete it) faster than a jackrabbit on a blind date.

Nope I've communicated with redbuzz and understand what he is doing. His site is one which serves mostly to review other sites and post those reviews for potential new folks to have a feel for how the members of each site rate it. He's OK.

Please just respond to the question of how you feel about GBO openly and honestly with any positives or negatives you wish to add. He has my permission to do this.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Jerry Lester

• A Real Regular
How Good Is This Forum??
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2004, 07:29:13 AM »
This is a great forum, as well as all the others on GBs site. I visit a "very few" other sites, and GBs is definately one of the very best out there. It has a great bunch of fellows posting here, ranging from novice to very experienced in a very diverse selection of firearms/shooting subjects.

I try to visit this site at least once a day, and often(when I'm able) I may visit here several times a day just to keep up with the posts.

Offline Old Griz

How Good Is This Forum??
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2004, 08:07:41 PM »
:cb2: I have several other forums on my "Favorites" list, but this is the only one I ever go to now. The folks here are top notch. Smart, informative, courteous, fun . . . why go anywhere else?
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

Offline Moe

• Contributor
How Good Is This Forum??
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2004, 03:55:46 AM »
This site tells me what I need to know. I visit several others but this is by far the best...

Offline TNrifleman

• A Real Regular
How Good Is This Forum??
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2004, 04:12:44 AM »
I visit several firearms related sites on a regular basis. I visit GrayBeard more often than any other. Graybeard rules!  :grin:

Offline williamlayton

How Good Is This Forum??
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2004, 09:51:05 PM »
This here Gray Beard place is the best around. Some good folks live here and the conversation can get lively. I like it.
The general knowledge is far above par compared to others I have visited.
The folks here are more diverse than others that tend to limit their scope of topics.
The folks here are, by and large, friendly and kind, willing to share.
It is hard to describe the population here but I will put  these boys up against the rest.
My kinda boys.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Wolfdog

How Good Is This Forum??
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2005, 02:22:10 PM »
Well I havent been here long as I only recently found this forum.

I do have accounts on ThrFiringLine.com, AR15.com, RugerForums, RimfireCentral, MarkII.org and a few others out there and This site by far beats them all in the sheer amount of knowledgable and friendly people without the overabundance of "gun shop commandoes" you see at the other major sites out there.

There is a wealth of useful and accurate knowledge here, as well as civilised open discussion about pretty much every aspect of legal firearm ownership and use there is in the USA.  

Graybeard Outdoors is In my Opinion the best online resource I have found out there and I plan to stick around for a long time to come and learn from this fine group of people here.