Author Topic: Ol' H&R Site revisited.....  (Read 723 times)

Offline MTNMAN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Ol' H&R Site revisited.....
« on: December 29, 2004, 03:40:18 AM »
Well I was just over on the Ol' H&R Site and it looks like all the pages are updated for 2005 with the "New Goodies"....All but the Barrel accessory page, that still read 2004....

Sure am interested in that " Deluxe Topper 20 gauge", ramp, choke and all...Guess I'll have to stop down to my Mom and Pop's and see iffin' they can get me one... Sure Lil' Tom wouldn't Mind sharin' some of his chokes.

Of course another year's gone by and NEF STILL hasn't re-introduce a ML shotgun Barrel for the Huntsman Frame :( ... Guess I'll put that on my dream list for 2006...Hey, what the Hey, look how long it took for a 20gauge with choke tubes... Happy New Year.... MTNMAN :wink:
Patience comes with age & you can't teach common sense

Jeff Gannon who was known to his many friends here as Mtnman passed away the other day. 09-27-05

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2004, 04:23:34 AM »
MTNMAN did you say a 20 gauge with choke tubes?!!  For reel!!!? Wounder if they will be available through the barrel program?  May have to package up the ol' Topper action and send her to Mass. if they are.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2004, 05:38:08 AM »
Thanks MTNMAN,

Sports South kinda let the cat out of the bag, I found that TDC 20ga on their site back in November along with 26" barreled Huntsmans. :grin:  

Also looks like they are importing more Pardner Pumps/combos as well as autoloaders. :?  I really don't know why, but their must be a market for them someplace.

Marlin is also bringing back the L.C. Smith side by side and a new over and under in both 12ga and 20ga. They are having them made by a company in Italy. I would imagine that these are the same guns that will be wearing the H&R/NEF Logo.

Some good things for 2005, and some I just don't know what to think of.

One thing for certain is I am with you on the 12ga muzzle loader barrel for the Huntsman. Wish H&R/NEF would do this one soon. I use a White White Thunder 12ga now because H&R/NEF doesn't make one yet.

Here is the info I posted back in November, check out Sports South.

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=46984
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline MTNMAN

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2004, 06:43:42 AM »
Hey Busta',

If that L.C is half the gun My inheritted L.C SxS's are it might be worth a look see.... Somehow I doubt it though :( .Todays wood and checkerin' leave alot to be desired..Every once in a while I get feelin' nostalgic and grab one and head out the door...usually it's the 20... the 12's & 16's stay in the cabinet... O/U might be nice to have in a 20

The 26" barreled Huntsman proves interestin'...been readin' and enjoyin' your take on the 200 grainers and New Powder...Betcha that 26" barrel would burn the powder up... :)  Is that 26" 150 grain capable?? Nope I'm not sufferin' from Magnumitis just curious :)  

Someone up on the NEF Rifle forum was talkin' about a Fluted  Bull Barrel also comin' available on some calibers.... Might make a good 'Yote gun if the caliber is right... and the barrel was long enuff...Later, MTNMAN :wink:

Jeff Gannon who was known to his many friends here as Mtnman passed away the other day. 09-27-05

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2004, 09:26:51 AM »
MTNMAN,

I have a 2005 Marlin Catalog and the L.C. Smiths (Elsie's) sure are a pretty gun. SxS's have 3" chambers, 3 choke tubes (IC, M, F), single triggers, selective automatic ejectors, 28" barrels with a solid rib and bead front sight, walnut stock is checkered, has a fluted comb, a beavertail forearm and a recoil pad. The O/U has everything the SxS has except for the beavertail forearm and the rib is ventilated instead of solid rib.

The 26" Huntsman barrel would be nice, but my 24" would sure be hard to beat, given that it will shoot ANYTHING I have stuffed down it very accurately. I am not a Magnum fan due to the lack of accuracy in my experience. That little 200gr pill and a 100gr charge of BM'3 is the hottest load I have ever taken game with. So far it is 2 for 2 on deer. The extra 2" of barrel might be nice to have though, as long as it carries well.

My local dealers don't have the 2005 H&R/NEF Catalogs in yet, but are expecting them in any day. :grin:
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2004, 02:57:49 AM »
Any clue what the LC Smith guns are going to sell for?

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Rogmatt

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2004, 06:13:06 AM »
Sports South has the O/U listed at $1,300.00+   and the SxS at $1,700.00+  .  I am sure large dealers will sell them for much less than that. Prices listed were suggested retail.

Offline MTNMAN

• Avid Poster
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2004, 06:23:34 AM »
Wonder what they'd a got iffin' they stuck the NEF/H&R name on them instead of MARLIN.... GB it's Stoeger time for me. So much for Dreamin'...aaaah what the hey.... my Ol' Elsies probably shoot just as good as the New ones, and I ain't gotta break them in :) ....MTNMAN :wink: