Author Topic: Recoil reduction  (Read 497 times)

Offline kevtn

• Trade Count: (0)
Recoil reduction
« on: January 04, 2005, 09:39:18 AM »
Have you guys had any experiences with Simms vibration recoil pad, or the mercury stick that you put into the stocks, Thanks

Offline turkeyhunter

• Avid Poster
Recoil reduction
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 10:36:57 AM »
I put a limbsaver pad on my .280 and was absolutely amazed at the reduction in felt recoil.  I plan to put one on my 12 ga for this spring to take the whallup out of the 3.5" shells.  My suggestion is to get one and try it out.  You won't be disappointed.
Colossians 1:18b:  "That in all things He might have the pre-eminence"

Offline tony212

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Contributor
Recoil reduction
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 11:25:46 AM »
I made a recoil reducer for my wife's pardner shotgun out of a 3/4"x6" black pipe nipple.  I filled it with #9 shot and epoxied the ends closedand put it in the butt stock screw hole.  It added about .75 LBS and seemed to work well at reducing the recoil.
Might be worth a try.
Tony212

Offline WNY_Whitetailer

• Look at me I'm white and nerdy
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Working...
    • http://www.dec.state.ny.us/
Recoil reduction
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 03:21:47 PM »
After my first range session with my NEF 10GA Turkey Gun I decided I needed some recoil reduction.  I opted for a Mercury Recoil Suppressor from C&H Research.  It's a real mom and pop operation.  I provided them with the length of suppressor I wanted and they custom cut it and sent it right out.  I believe I had it in a week or two. They sell stock sizes but I wanted one that fit the entire length of the stock bolt hole.  That suppressor really makes a difference and I will never regret the money I spent on it.  Although the pipe and shot does sound like a more reasonably priced option.
Patience comes with age and You can't teach common sense

Offline HuntenNut

• Contributor
Recoil reduction
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 02:55:49 PM »
16oz mercury tube and a $10 "bear tooth" slip on recoil pad using all the supplied inserts really tamed the 12ga Tracker II shooting Lightfields.

I also tried the Lightfield Lites, which shot very nicely with noticibly less recoil, however, I ran out of them before season opened, and couldn't locate any, had to go back to the regula Lightfields in the white box.