Author Topic: Also about Magazines but different...  (Read 811 times)

Offline Jeff Vicars

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
Also about Magazines but different...
« on: March 07, 2003, 09:25:41 AM »
Pre-bans and LEO's are the same except LEO's are marked as LEO's.

Offline R. Tillery

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2003, 09:26:47 AM »
The ONLY difference is the 'Restricted to LEO or military use' stamped on the magazine body. Otherwise, they look and function identically.
'I hope that's not my ivory-handled Colt your fingers are ticklin'!'

Offline TopGun

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2003, 01:51:00 PM »
If I remember correctly--a LEO mag is manufactured after 1994 and have Sarah Brady's signature on them. They are the only persons supposed to have them? It was illegal to manufacture Hi-Caps in the US after that date. It, however is not illegal to own them. That's why factory Hi-Cap mags cost two arms and leg for some guns. I refuse to pay the $100 fee for my Walther P99. M92 HI-caps are all over or $30, and CDNN has used 15 and 17rds for $9.99. Such a deal! I personally stay away from dated mags. A friend of mine was selling AR mags with LEO/MIL use dated 1997. No thanks. go to www.cdnninvestments.com for great prices on magazines. I hope this info is OK?
The first shot is the best shot, it may be your only shot!  Do it with a single-shot.
NRA Life Member 1980
HHI Member #2933
NAHC Life Member
RMEF Member

Offline TopGun

• Avid Poster
LEO
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2003, 06:13:51 PM »
I am willing to bet that it's illegal to own or possess one if you are not law enforcement, but I do not know, nor would I take the chance. It'll probably be a felony in this day and age, and then you lose all your guns, rights, lefts, and first born son.
Keep shootin that 92--it won't let you down! I have well over 7000rnds of Mil Spec/ US winchester surplus hard-ball through mine and there are still no cracks anywhere and the action is as slick as goat snot on a glass door knob! I want to get another one. I have a Walther P99-9mm too and love it, but the trigger is funkier than the 92, even still I think it's even a little more accurate. I love my 1911's too.
Later. What's to trade?
The first shot is the best shot, it may be your only shot!  Do it with a single-shot.
NRA Life Member 1980
HHI Member #2933
NAHC Life Member
RMEF Member

Offline 1badmagnum

• http://pub64.ezboard.com/fthedeserteaglefrm1
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2003, 12:56:25 AM »
according to my local range leo's cannot sell them except to other leo's.they can sell them to a dealer,who will resell onlyto another leo though.but obviously possessing them would most likely be illegal.