Author Topic: Anybody Know?  (Read 699 times)

Offline Tcallbuilder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Anybody Know?
« on: January 02, 2005, 04:07:56 AM »
If the TDC vent rib barrels can be ordered through the H&R berrel acc. program?
And if so, will they fit them to the partner frame?

I would really like to have one to set up for a spring gobbler rig.....but i dont like the nickel reciever on the topper....just a little to flashy for turkey hunting.

TCB

Offline MTNMAN

• Avid Poster
Anybody Know?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2005, 05:54:51 AM »
well acording to their Website, NOT Yet....But then again the site page hasn't been updated since 2003...Maybe someone with a 2005 catalog can help us out...

Believe me You aren't alone I hate that nickle reciever...especially for Turkey Huntin'...Of course there's alway a can of Flat Black Spray paint layin' round the house someplace and it wouldn't be the first time I've usd it.... MTNMAN :wink:
Patience comes with age & you can't teach common sense

Jeff Gannon who was known to his many friends here as Mtnman passed away the other day. 09-27-05

Offline turkeyhunter

• Avid Poster
Anybody Know?
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2005, 03:41:37 AM »
Yes and no.  Yes, they can be ordered but when is the question.  I have been calling customer service now for quite a while and they have continually told be after the first of the year they would be ready.  I doubt that they will have any for the accessory program for a while though because they still don't have a good flow of the Topper Deluxe Classic out yet.  They said that until they get caught up on the production guns they will have no barrels for the program.

:cry:
Colossians 1:18b:  "That in all things He might have the pre-eminence"

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Anybody Know?
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2005, 05:20:49 AM »
There are a lot of people waiting for the answer to that question and I'm one of them as soon as I find out I'll be sure and post. I want the 20ga too.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline turkeyhunter

• Avid Poster
Anybody Know?
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 02:43:32 AM »
Just called again this morning and was told now that they have no earthly idea when to expect the barrels to be available.

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Anybody Know?
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2005, 02:49:28 AM »
Not suprised. I wonder what that company would be capable of if they really responded to customer requests. I don't know much about running a gun company but it just seems like they should have some idea. In my little bussiness world if a few customers ask for something I don't have I do my best to be able to provide it as quickly as I can.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline turkeyhunter

• Avid Poster
Anybody Know?
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2005, 03:12:46 AM »
I know what you mean.  I have been calling (along with everybody else  :)  ) since they first made mention of the vent rib.  To the best of my memory that has been about 9 months now, maybe even longer.  I love these guns, but NEF does not have the market cornered.  They need to start paying attention to us or they will start to loose their support.

Oh well, I guess I will just live with the barrel I have on it now.  It killed 2 turkeys last year so it can't be too bad!    :lol:

Offline MTNMAN

• Avid Poster
Anybody Know?
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2005, 03:16:57 AM »
Markus,
Sometimes in that Big Ol' Corporate World, gettin' Bigger ain't always Better...Look at all the years they existed as Harrington & Wesson, H&R 1871, NEF before they found out they had Parents Named Marlin... Sometimes your better off just bein'  a bastard child... MTNMAN :wink:
Patience comes with age & you can't teach common sense

Jeff Gannon who was known to his many friends here as Mtnman passed away the other day. 09-27-05

Offline turkeyhunter

• Avid Poster
Anybody Know?
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2005, 04:22:38 AM »
Well said MTNMAN!   :-D

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Anybody Know?
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2005, 02:04:23 PM »
I have been calling Customer Service all week, finally got through today but they don't know squat.  The message said they were open until 4:30 PM, I called between 3:30 and 4:00 and got the old machine telling me to call back during business hours.

I asked about the TDC in 20ga, they don't know when it will be available. Same thing on the 26" barreled Huntsmans.

I asked for a 2005 H&R/NEF Catalog, they don't know when they will be availabe either. They are sending me an accessories catalog, at least they said they were.

I agree MTNMAN, that woman I always get with the Boston accent could use a refresher course in customer service for sure. She always wants to cut you off and does not seem to give a care what you want. She basically said they were not doing squat until after the S.H.O.T. Show and they found out how many orders they get.  :?  :roll:

I'm not going to hold my breath, that's for sure. :grin:
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline lik2hunt

• Trade Count: (33)
  • I want to acheive excellence, not perfection.
    • Authentic and Genuine
Anybody Know?
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2005, 02:07:51 AM »
If they go the same route as they did getting out the TDC and the 204 Ruger, we may not see them until the end of 2005.  :x
lik2hunt------>in OK

“The thing that separates the American Christian from every other person on earth is the fact that he would rather die on his feet, than live on his knees!"
George Washington…. also known as the Father of our Country

><> Galatians 2:20 <><

www.dsheriff.org