Author Topic: SSK Industries.  (Read 581 times)

Offline The deerslayer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
SSK Industries.
« on: January 03, 2005, 09:52:11 AM »
Has anyone got any work done to their handgun by SSK Industries? I may want to get a different finish put on my S&W 41 magnum after it comes in. Is this a reliable company?

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
SSK Industries.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 10:26:00 AM »
As reliable as they come. I've had work done by them on several occasions and they are a long time sponsor of GBO.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline OrangeWing

SSK Industries.
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2005, 10:31:10 AM »
They have done work on my guns several times.  NEVER, EVER a complaint.  Top workmanship.  Very honest people and company.  When they tell you something you can count on it being true.  They will not B.S. you into something.  You pay for what you get.  Good quality work.

Offline Questor

SSK Industries.
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2005, 10:49:40 AM »
But there are exceptions :(
Safety first

Offline tnwill

SSK Industries.
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 03:38:05 AM »
I would consider them first class. Had them do some emergency work on a barrel for me. Scope base came off a barrel 3 weeks before a Texas hunt, front two holes stripped.  Sent them the barrel, had it back in my hands in six days with a new T'SOB base and rings.  But as mentioned above, there are exceptions. I feel if a problem developed, it would be made right asap.

Offline crawfish

• Contributor
SSK Industries.
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2005, 05:26:19 PM »
Good folks at SSK and they are right up there with the best. JD can get a bit gruff at times. He knows his business and doesn't take to well to "I wanna kill Godzilla with a .17 mouse shooter help me do that" but he will surely let you know what you need to do that and how he can make it up for you. As with all long time businesses there are customers that have been less than pleased with the service they received but they are a very small minority and the good postings will far out weigh those few. You need to speak with those to find out for yourself just what went wrong for them with a service that is usually top notch.
Love those .41s'

Offline oso45-70

Handgun General Discussions
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2005, 05:56:55 PM »
Deerslayer,

I think you will find SSK ind,s to be top notch, I've used their barrels for a long time and never had a problem with any of them, Good and tight and super accurate. They are top shelf in my book, Good luck to ya.....Joe.....
LIFE NRA BENEFACTOR
LEAA LIFE MEMBER
GOA MEMBER
CCKBA MEMBER
AF & AM
NAHC LIFE
NMSSA MEMBER
ATA MEMBER

Profanity is the crutch of a crippled brain