Author Topic: Some deer pics.  (Read 925 times)

Offline marylandeer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Some deer pics.
« on: January 22, 2005, 05:32:27 PM »
I took these the other day at a local state park. I thought I would share.

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/album_pic.php?pic_id=653

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/album_pic.php?pic_id=652

http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/album_pic.php?pic_id=651

This place has so many deer you see them like this all the time even during the day.
I drew a lottery permit to hunt there on Jan. 14th but it was cancelled due to a bad storm that came through. We had a tremendous amount of rainfall that day and tornado watches in affect (just my luck.) It was only a two day hunt so we couldn't reschedule it for this season. I will be going on the same day next year.
I couldn't get the pics. to post sorry.

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
Some deer pics.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 02:12:37 AM »
That is what it looked like on the lease I am on in Maryland. Deer everywhere.  :D
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline JPSaxMan

Some deer pics.
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2005, 12:05:50 PM »
Well, lemme think....I like dat one and dat one and dat one....but I think I'll take dat one...no wait, never mind, there a bigger one....ah ha, there she is, that's mine...oops, nope, a BIGGER ONE  :)  :-D  :)  :-D . Wow, if there were only that many deer on my tract in PA  :cry:  :D
JP

Attorney: Now doctor, isn't it true that when a person dies in
his sleep, he doesn't know about it until the next morning?

Doctor: Did you actually pass the bar exam?

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Offline Braz475

Some deer pics.
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2005, 06:08:13 PM »
I don't know if any of ya'll feel the same way, but it seems like that would take all the fun out of the hunt.... :?

Offline JPSaxMan

Some deer pics.
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2005, 03:11:24 AM »
Quote from: Braz475
I don't know if any of ya'll feel the same way, but it seems like that would take all the fun out of the hunt.... :?

I kinda get where you're coming from. However, on the last day of my muzzleloader hunt I certainly would have obliged to go to a place like that to take a deer. I only had one deer in the freezer and one more tag to fill. So trust me, I could have cared less where I was hunting at that point. I would have loved to hunted a tract like that to get a deer.  :D
JP

Proverbs 3:5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
Some deer pics.
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2005, 04:13:28 AM »

Not in the least. I got to test some new bullets and my son got his first and second deer. I hunted on a lease this year and we were told to take out doe's. We took a bunch and they were and are great eaten. Later in the season they got wise to use and we had to work for them. This was my best and most fun year of hunting deer.  :D
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA

Offline marylandeer

• Contributor
Some deer pics.
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2005, 04:19:08 AM »
:D I know what you mean, there's not much of a challenge in this hunt. I kind of felt bad about going and shooting the same deer that I have been taking pictures of for years. See this place has never allowed hunting before this season. The past few years they gotten so out of control the D.N.R. had to do some thinning out. I entered the lottery not thinking I would be picked. It seemed like everyone I know (locally) put in for this lottery. It was the talk of the town so to speak everywhere I went, (I hope I get picked E.T.C.) So when I received the letter I almost didn't want to go. But that wouldn't have been fair to all my buddies that wanted to go so badly and did not get picked.
So I got to thinking just like Fishman029.  :grin: (Q.D.M.) :grin:  and food in the freezer.

Offline THE#1hunter

• A Real Regular
Some deer pics.
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2005, 04:20:57 AM »
Quote from: Fishman029

I kinda get where you're coming from. However, on the last day of my muzzleloader hunt I certainly would have obliged to go to a place like that to take a deer. I only had one deer in the freezer and one more tag to fill. So trust me, I could have cared less where I was hunting at that point. I would have loved to hunted a tract like that to get a deer.  :D

I agree with braz475 I like the Idea of "not knowing" so to speak, of whats out there, I dono I like the surprise....Theres always next year for thoose who werent as lucky as some :roll:
Good Luck, Be Safe, and God Bless  :D

Ephesians 2:8
--For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of god--

Offline Rmouleart

• Contributor
  • Aim small hit small.
Some deer pics.
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2005, 04:57:05 AM »
I consider it a meat hunt, needed to keep healthy herds, not like sneaking out to a remote area and still stalking in a natural environment, they both have there place, No waist all, good table fair, doe's do taste good;) I could see it harder to kill the deer you have fed or have taken pictures of during the off seasons, Like shooting your pet;) I do see where you are coming from. I also have deer in my back yard, I don't shoot them, there is only a small herd that live around the farm behind my house, I go out back and observe them, sometime shake the apple trees, so the apples drop to the ground for the deer, the next day not one apple;) I could of shot three small deer during deer season, I opted not too, because they were so small, like a dog size;) I will wait till they get bigger, then I will shoot them LOL. Oh well we all have limitations. Just follow your heart, and hunt safe. Aim small hit small. RAMbo.

Offline JPSaxMan

Some deer pics.
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2005, 06:37:26 AM »
Quote from: THE#1hunter
Quote from: Fishman029

I agree with braz475 I like the Idea of "not knowing" so to speak, of whats out there, I dono I like the surprise....Theres always next year for thoose who werent as lucky as some :roll:

So you like the idea of 'not knowing' whether or not ur gonna get a deer?  :-D . No, I do see where both of you are coming from. You like it to be as traditional and as 'fair' as possible.

But for those like marylanddeer and I who really could use meat in the freezer, last day, last minutes, everything is at stake. Why not just take the easiest route out at that point? Like Rmouleart said, not gonna be wasted food, just a little easier to get the deer, that's all. And if ya only do it once or twice it doesn't make ya a bad hunter.  :D
JP

Offline Braz475

Some deer pics.
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2005, 12:52:52 PM »
I get where you guys are coming from also, you want to put meat in the freezer and I respect that.  I've just been brought up hunting in areas where you have to work to find your deer and take it...and for me I think that is the most fun part of hunting.  Getting out in the woods, the unexpected thrill of getting a deer...If I had the chance I probably would hunt one of those farms where you're pretty much guarenteed a deer just to get the meat, but by no means would I do it regularly..and I understand that you don't do it regular either.  Just throwin my .02 out there...

Offline THE#1hunter

• A Real Regular
Some deer pics.
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2005, 01:22:51 PM »
I get where you guys are coming from also, you want to put meat in the freezer and I respect that.  I've just been brought up hunting in areas where you have to work to find your deer and take it...and for me I think that is the most fun part of hunting.  Getting out in the woods, the unexpected thrill of getting a deer...If I had the chance I probably would hunt one of those farms where you're pretty much guarenteed a deer just to get the meat, but by no means would I do it regularly..and I understand that you don't do it regular either.  Just throwin my .02 out there...

Couldnt of said it better myself :D
Good Luck, Be Safe, and God Bless  :D

Ephesians 2:8
--For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of god--

Offline Redhawk1

• GBO Supporter
Some deer pics.
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2005, 06:02:52 PM »
The lease I wes on in Maryland has been hunted and the surrounding farms are hunted also. But the problem is, no one takes the doe's. The farm I hunted in Maryland was over run with doe's. The farmer was loosing over 50% of his crop to these deer. Between 6 hunters, we took out 19 deer. Only 1 deer was a spike buck that a buddy of mine's wife took. The other 18 were doe's. I had several nice bucks come out, but I did not shoot them. I had taken a nice 10 point buck in my home State of Delaware and decided any other bucks I would take would have to be bigger than my 10 point. So shooting these deer was for the good of the heard and helping out the farmer. We are getting the lease again in Maryland next year and maybe thin I will get one of those nicc bucks I passed up.  :D
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Life Member NA