Author Topic: millett angle loc adjustable rings  (Read 639 times)

Offline 10bruce

• Trade Count: (0)
millett angle loc adjustable rings
« on: January 13, 2005, 11:57:10 AM »
Got a pair of them for a cz 527 varmint. Anyone using them? I have tried every combination I can to get the rings lined up with the bore but no luck so far....The scope looks like it is pointed a quarter inch to the left of the center of the barrel, I know this won't work. Any suggestions, by the way the package the rings came in said they were for a bruno cz 527......Thanks in advance

Offline scratcherky

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (7)
  • Contributor
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 01:18:38 PM »
I have a pair of angle loc rings on an Encore 209 x 50 and they were a bit troublesome to get installed properly. Once sighted in they work ok. Having said that if I ever take them off they will be discarded. I do not like them and suggest you investigate other rings. Their design in theory may be ok but leave a lot to be desired for practical use.
Don & man's best friend
Still looking at the green side of sod

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 01:32:47 PM »
Angle loc rings have probably ruined as many good scopes as the windage adjustable bases that have been used a lot by unknowing shooters. I use only Burris Signature rings when ever I can, there's simply no better ring mount available for the money. If you must use standard type rings, I would recommend the use of a lapping and alignment tool like the wheeler kit.

http://www.midwayusa.com/rewriteaproduct/227261
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline wild willy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005, 01:38:20 PM »
I agree with quickdtoo 100% how can you have one ring tight and adjust the windage without bending or putting stress on the scope

Offline 10bruce

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005, 04:38:20 PM »
Thanks found some leupolds at natchezssgoing to give them a try. Couldn' find a burris set-up

Online Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2005, 05:47:02 PM »
Let's see, how can I be diplomatic, PC and nice about this? Hmm, well? OK dang it I can't.

They are JUNK Toss them and buy you a decent set of rings. I suggest Burris Signature Rings.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!