Author Topic: Shot the New Topper Deluxe Slug gun Today  (Read 371 times)

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Shot the New Topper Deluxe Slug gun Today
« on: January 13, 2005, 01:50:50 PM »
Had the wife and 4 year old son with me so I only got of 3 somewhat distractedand hurried shots off hand at about 50 and made about a 6"group. I was shooting at an old 5 gallon bucket somone tossed into my woods. I was shooting 2 3/4" federal premiums with the barnes expanders. The porting makes a big difference. I'm pleased so far and think I might harvest a deer withit next week if wife, work and weather allow.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2005, 04:17:12 PM »
It sounds like a really great gun with a lot on potential Markus, congratulations on a great find, and to think about it, shooting out in your own woods with your wife and 4 year old son with you, WOW!!! It might have been hurried but it don't get much better than that. All the time in the world but alone and lonely does not sound like half as much fun. God Bless you and your family, enjoy them while you can, for to soon they will leave....<><....:wink:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005, 05:14:58 PM »
My wife always wants to just take a walk and the 4 year old boy just wants to throw sticks in the ditch but I wouldn't have it any other way. I don't know how much longer I'll have the land or at least all of it due to the looming death tax issues so I'm treasuring every moment I spend out there. Like my boss says it's a much better situation to be in having to pay tax than not. I'm pretty sure I won't be over the cut off since it's not crop land and not very developable. I love it just the same.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2005, 02:14:32 AM »
Markus, how is the hunting in Delaware and on that land? I don't know anything of your situation or the land but if you have enough land to hunt on perhaps a few guys here that live on the east coast or close enough to make it reasonable could pay you a small fee for rights to hunt with or without camping on the property. If a few of us got together on a yearly basis with payments once or several times a year perhaps the money needed for taxes on the land could be raised, at least for a couple of years and erhaps by then things might have worked out...I am a possibility and there are several others here that might be interested in a place to hunt in Delaware. Sort of like a group of friends who get together to help pay taxes on a hunting camp to keep it going....<><.... :grin:

Heck, anything is possible....
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley