Author Topic: site loading and running slow again?  (Read 1403 times)

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
site loading and running slow again?
« on: January 11, 2005, 02:05:15 PM »
Matt or GB, I know you had a problem a day or so ago but the site is running very slow again (on my computer at least) everything else and other sites are as fast as usual. For what it's worth...Thanks for a great site....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline KN

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 03:57:02 PM »
I noticed the same thing. Kind of sporadic.  KN

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 04:04:11 PM »
exactly!!!....<><.... :?
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Tc300mag1

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 04:09:59 PM »
Very slow and serch fuction isnt working 3/4ths of the time

Offline Greybeard

• Administrator
  • A Real Regular
    • Graybeard Outdoors
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 06:08:59 PM »
So what am I saying... It's GB's Fault......

:yeah:  :yeah: Blame it on the old computer illiterate geezer. Jist cuz it wuz his fault. Sheesh. Only made one tiny little adjustment and fergot to return it to where it wuz.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises

Offline John Y Cannuck

• A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 11:38:58 PM »
Now don't play with the stove junior, you could get burned.  :)  :D
Canadian Liberal Gov't = elected Dictatorship

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2005, 02:49:18 PM »
Hi again GB, here it is about 2045 hours EST on 01/13/05 and the site is sooo slooow loading pages it's difficult to use. Just to let you know....<><.... :(

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2005, 06:07:45 PM »
It's beginning to look like a function of too many people trying to use it at same time. We're delivering about 4 million page views per week and having about 50,000 visitors per week. When Matt was here the other night we went in and looked at some stats I don't know how to get to. The server was operating at 92% to 97% capacity while we were watching. In other words there was no excess capacity left.

I don't really think I can do anything about it. The next more powerful server package cost more than I receive in advertising revenue from the site. As much as I'd like to keep it operating fast for you guys the money ain't coming out of my personal pocket to do it. So unless advertising revenue goes up a bunch we're stuck with the server we have. I can't spend more than I take in on this site.

Bottom line is unless someone can figure away to double site income from advertising we live with it as is or we shut the thing down. There is no more money for improving service.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2005, 01:32:33 PM »
Well GB, given those options, I for one will keep you as you are, busy and all!!! And by the way, in case no one has said it to you and Matt for a while, THANKS!!!....<><.... :grin: