Author Topic: WELL, THE REST O THE STORY  (Read 570 times)

Offline williamlayton

• Trade Count: (0)
WELL, THE REST O THE STORY
« on: January 16, 2005, 02:27:47 AM »
I have been searching for a 1911 in .38 super, 10mm or 9x23. Yessir thats what I was looking for. Mind is made up. Gonna do it.
Read a little clip, down at the 2nd amendment neighborhood, about a cop killer gun. made a couple of inquiries about it, kinda was interesting.
Went to a gun store lookin for my new 1911. They didn't have any of the flavors I wanted.
Saw this FN 5,7x28 sa in the case--well, I says to myself, thats tha one I was reading the post about. "lemme look at that thang, just outta curiosity". "Well, thankee, just was curious".
Went on home. Got more curious so I went to the FN website, just to read about it. Naw, I'm just curious--it is not what I want, bullet is too small, it is plastic, it aint a 1911.
I was in the neighborhood so I decides too take another look at it. Was the one thay have to DAO or the single action tactical?
My mind went blank, my eyes rolled back, I became unconscious.
Tell ya more after I shoot this little whizzer.
Blessings
PS dang my good intentions
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Dusty Miller

« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2005, 08:29:24 AM »
It sounds to me like you got bit good by the buygunbug.
When seconds mean life or death, the police are only minutes away!

Offline Savage

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2005, 09:19:35 AM »
William,
 My friend picked up a bucket full of brass. At the time civilians couldn't buy the ammo. Guess that's changed now. Just curious, what is the ballpark price range for those guns?
Savage
An appeaser is one who feeds the crocodile hoping it will eat him last,

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 03:14:17 AM »
Savage-
Well I didn't have to put up the lower forty as collateral, but my wife ( tha Hen ) and first born were part of tha deal :D .
It costed me(thankee Festus) $869, ouch that hurt. It was a couple of bills more than I had allotted for the 1911 I was looking fer, but ya know, tha justification mode was in full bloom. Oh well, mebbe next year fer tha 1911.
Going to shoot it this week sometimes, will let you know how it works out.
Really the justification or just the way I worked it out in my screwy way of thinkin was that the older the Lord allows me to get the more unsteady I get. (Most folks think I been pretty unsteady in my mind fer some time now.) I liked the though of reduced recoil, 20 round mags, and quicker rate of fire this thing offers. Plus it is designed to be less of a danger for over penetration.
2130 fps is quick and the design is for a tumbling effect upon impact.
It has 3 mags in the deal, these are 10 round mags, but will get a couple of 20 rounders in a few weeks (when they come in). It has low mounted adjustable sights (not sure I am in favor of that) but at 20 or 25 yards it should not be a problem.
Saw one on the net for 20 or 30 dollars less but with transfer fees it was about the same.
The trigger is sweeet, bout three pounds and the short recoil allows some quick retention.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD