Author Topic: Right to Protest!  (Read 4921 times)

Offline superhornet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Right to Protest!
« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2005, 07:01:25 AM »
I am the Flag of the United States of America. My name is Olde Glory.
I fly atop the worlds's tallest buildings, I stand watch in the Hall of Justice.
I fly majestically over Great Institutions of Leaning.
I stand guard with the Greatest Military power in the world.
LOOK up and see me. I stand for Peace Honor Truth and justice.
I stand for Freedom!! I am confident, I am arrogant, I am proud.
When I am flown with my fellow banners, my head is held a little higher-my colors are a little truer.  I bow to no one. I am recognized all over the world.  I am worshipped-I am saluted-I am respected-I am loved-I am Feared.

For more than 200 years, I have fought in Every Battle of Every war.
gettysburg, Shiloh, Appomattox, San Juan Hill, The Trenchs of France, The Argenne Forest, Anzio, Rome, the Beaches of Normandy. The jungles of Guam, Okinawa, Tarawa, Korea, Vietnam and in the heat of the Persian Gulf and a score of other places.  Long forgotten by all, but those who were there with me.  I was there.

I lead my share of Sailors and Marines. I followed them, I watched over them and they loved me. I was on a small hill on Iwo Jima.
I was dirty battle torn and tired but my Sailors and Marines Cheered me.
I WAS PROUD !!

I have been soiled burned torn and trampled on the streets of countries that I have helped so set FREE.  It does not Hurt for I am invincible.
I have been soiled burned torn and trampled on the streets of my own country.  AND WHEN IT IS DONE BY THOSE WHOM WITH I HAVED SERVED IN BATTLE......IT HURTS.!!!  But I shall overcome for I am strong.

I have slipped the surly bonds of earth and, from my vantage point on the moon, I stand watch over the New Frontiers of Space.
I have been the silent witness to all of America's finest hours.
I have flown over the top of the World Trade Centers, and after September 11, 2001, I have flown over it's rubble to remind the evil in our world that my spirit will not be crushed. The American people will NOT be broken.

But, my finest hour comes when I am torn into strips to be used as bandages for my wounded comrades on the Field of Battle.
When I fly half mast to Honor my Sailors and Marines and when I lie in the trembling arms of a Grieving Mother---at the graveside of her fallen son or daughter--I am Proud---MY Name is OLDE GLORY, LONG may I wave dear God, LONG MAY I WAVE......

I guess to some people, it really is more than a "piece of cloth".  The above is a program that is called The Flag, and is performed at many Military retirements and some funerals....God bless our troops....

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
Right to Protest!
« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2005, 08:01:05 AM »
Superhornet:

Yes...it is special...but so is the fact that we can choose to protest if we want to...In this country that we all love ...we are free...we don't have to say" Bye Your Leave" to any man or government intitution...that is what the founding fathers intended...that is the way it is today...and even in what you posted...there is a part that scares me...

I am worshipped-I am saluted-I am respected-I am loved-I am Feared.

I for one DO NOT worship the flag...nor this country...nor it's leaders...I  respect this country...and the Flag,and it's leaders...and even say prayers with my sons to give all of them the strenght needed to do a good job......and...  we pay Homage to those who have fallen protecting this great nation......I worship GOD...because that is the right thing to do...and when we pledge alligeance to this flag...we say that we are 1 Nation...under God...because we are...

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Right to Protest!
« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2005, 08:05:39 AM »
Anyone who "worships" a flag I'd define as a fool and most surely such a person will have much to answer for at the last roll call and I'd not want to be in their shoes on that day. We worship GOD. We honor the flag, we salute the flag, we love the flag but we don't worship it.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Dali Llama

Right to Protest!
« Reply #93 on: January 26, 2005, 08:12:10 AM »
Quote from: Graybeard
Let it rest Dali.
Do it be inappropriate for Dali to suggest that child rearing techniques espoused by one Benjamin Spock be at root of many of today's societal evils, inquire Dali Llama??? :o
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Right to Protest!
« Reply #94 on: January 26, 2005, 08:33:38 AM »
Do it be inappropriate for Dali to suggest that child rearing techniques espoused by one Benjamin Spock be at root of many of today's societal evils, inquire Dali Llama???

Nope and with that point I agree with you. What is wrong is to keep pushing any poster on this site for a response they clearly do not wish to provide you.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline jh45gun

Right to Protest!
« Reply #95 on: January 26, 2005, 09:22:08 AM »
I never said I worshipped the flag but I darn well respect it for what it stands. Like I was taught in school which now the liberals have taken away from the kids:

I Pledge Allegiance to the flag of the United States of America
and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God,
indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

Now I know when these words were written they never expected some puke to burn said flag.

Here is a Sound Clip by the Duke that says it well.

http://www.keepthepledge.com/
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Right to Protest!
« Reply #96 on: January 26, 2005, 10:00:54 AM »
jh45gun, sorry bud I couldn't find the Duke at your link. Please try again I would like to see it.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline ironglow

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (9)
Right to Protest!
« Reply #97 on: January 26, 2005, 10:38:14 AM »
I couldn't pull up The Duke either...but I believe I know the substance.

Earlier, someone here stated something about a "young American" burning the flag,,,I believe I can hear the Duke now...
  " Anyone who burns Old Glory....is NOT an American...whether young, old or otherwise!"

I think a few things can be clarified;
 1) My own progenitor was involved in the first act of the revolution
     ( click a google search on one word   < GASPEE > there in that list of raiders you will see his name.
    No biggee...many others have same credentials..

2) In no way do I believe in the suppression of dissent...but if a dissenter is so stupid he cannot voice or write his dissent....but must BURN his dissent...he is not worthy of listening to.

3) No one that I know  WORSHIPS the Flag...I for one worship God...and him only  Matt 4:10  Luke 4:08  John 4:23  ...

4) I do have a great deal of respect for the flag that symbolizes the lives devoted (and given) by veterans, living and deceased....whom "flag-burning 'americans' ".....are not worthy to tie the combat boots of.

5) At one time, it was illegal burn our country's flag, but during the "sickly sixties" a few Spock-generation spoiled brats, who were to young to know better....were led down the Benedict Arnold path by some Marxist profs...
   When they went so far as to burn the flag, some "activist' judges seized an opportunity to give thousands of honorable veterans an "in your face!".

I will stand by the spiritual side of Audie Murphy, Sgt. York, Patrick Henry, John Wayne and Ollie North....

If any of you prefer to stand spiritually beside Jane Fonda, Abbie Hoffman, Alger Hiss , Tokyo Rose, The Weathermen and Micheal Moore....help yourselves...
If you don't want the truth, don't ask me.  If you want something sugar coated...go eat a donut !  (anon)

Offline Dali Llama

Right to Protest!
« Reply #98 on: January 26, 2005, 01:24:11 PM »
Quote from: Graybeard
Do it be inappropriate for Dali to suggest that child rearing techniques espoused by one Benjamin Spock be at root of many of today's societal evils, inquire Dali Llama???

Nope and with that point I agree with you.
:toast:  :agree:

Offline jh45gun

Right to Protest!
« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2005, 02:20:30 PM »
OK try this link it has it here just click on Waynes Pic. I will change the link at the other post also to this.

http://www.keepthepledge.com/
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline powderman

Right to Protest!
« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2005, 03:30:41 PM »
FWEIDNER. Correct Sir, it all went together. I forgot to mention the passing of that God forsaken law that made killing babies legal. Thank you for reminding me. POWDERMAN.  :D  :D  :D  :D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline Dali Llama

Right to Protest!
« Reply #101 on: January 27, 2005, 01:49:37 AM »
Quote from: powderman
that God forsaken law that made killing babies legal.
Do powderman oppose abortion in situation where woman be victim of rape or incest, ask Dali Llama? :?  :?: