Author Topic: why no srew-in chokes 20ga  (Read 506 times)

Offline huntnut

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Contributor
why no srew-in chokes 20ga
« on: January 18, 2005, 05:44:02 PM »
I was wondering why the don't make the 20ga barrels with srew-in chokes and why they don't tap for scope mounts as I see it all they would have to do is use the slug barrel so its thick enough to put them in. The reason I was wondering is my 8 year old gets to go turkey hunting this year and I'm looking for a 20ga for him but all the nef/h&r's are only mod. choke and single bead sight with no rib. The reason I wanted a nef/h&r are they are alot cheaper then say a remington.
AIM SMALL MISS SMALL 1 SHOT 1 KILL

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 06:15:56 PM »
Hopefully next year they are coming out with a Topper deluxe classic in 20 ga with choke tubes.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2005, 02:17:18 AM »
Hey guys, looking at my 2005 H&R catalog right now it looks as is they are offering the Topper Deluxe Classic in 20 gauge w/26" barrel with screw in chokes, it's litsed there on pages 18-19 as Model # SB1-218 and it says it comes with a "modified tube provided"....<><.... :-D

Put me on the list!!!
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2005, 03:25:29 AM »
Oh crap... I'm in trouble now. :(  Been able to resist spending any more money that I don't have on any new guns. (Well, if you don't count the 22/410 combo I picked up for my daughter just before Christmas that is.)  And now the Deluxe Classic is available in 20ga w/ screw in chokes. :P <(me panting like a dog)  Maybe I can convince myself to wait until the barrel is available thru the accessory program to put on my own Topper frame.  :idea:  And maybe if I eat enough bananas monkeys will fly out of my butt.  :mrgreen: Man I need to find a real job... and a bigger gun safe. :-D
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline MTNMAN

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2005, 03:42:16 AM »
Brett,

Sports South,Inc....
 H&R SB1-218 TOPPER DLX CLASSIC 20/26VR  $211.36
Not in stock...

Save yourself some $$$ and get it thru Walmart they list theH&R SB1-118 Topper DLX Classic 3" 12/28... $143.34 . I wouuld imagine the SB1-218 20 should come in about the same.... WAIT!!! save the difference for all them add-ons you want for it.....MTNMAN :wink:

Got a funny feelin' when they put that on the barrel program, it will be cheaper to buy the whole shotgun from Walmart along with some camo tape for that nickled reciever..... As well as a Awfully Loooong wait :roll:
Patience comes with age & you can't teach common sense

Jeff Gannon who was known to his many friends here as Mtnman passed away the other day. 09-27-05

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2005, 05:33:11 AM »
Thanks MNTMAN, you're really not helping me much you know.  Like offering just one little snort of hooch to a wino.  :gulp:  Next you'll be telling me that H&R is coming out with a reasonably priced 20ga. O/U with screw in chokes and sellec.... What's that?! :eek:   No... please not that too!   :cry: Oh whow is me.  Honey!!!... Lock up the credit cards...fast! :devil2:
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline ScatterGunner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2005, 12:50:27 PM »
i'd rather have a barrel without a screw in choke.

they seem to pattern better. although this just might be a figment of my rather active imagination !!! :-D  :-D  :-D

sg
there''s room for all of God''s fauna and flora, right on my dinner plate!