Author Topic: New Varmint ammo...  (Read 522 times)

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Deadeye47

• Trade Count: (0)
New Varmint ammo...
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2005, 11:21:04 AM »
hummm nice assortment...I wonder if the 42 grain 223's would have anything over the Win. White box 45 grainers??? Those would be hard to beat.....I have some Calhoon boolets...just never loaded any up yet...I got some 30 grain and some 37 grain...they are cute lil things...got them for the hornet....Shaner recommended them to me...He said they are just the bomb...literally...Just another one of those lil projects that is laying dormant wanting some time alloted to it....I got way too many of those.... :? Thanks for the link!!
" I believe that forgiving them [terrorists] is God''s function. OUR JOB is to arrange the meeting." Gen. Schwartzkopf........AMEN  Norman  :agree:

DECEASED 10-09-05

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
New Varmint ammo...
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2005, 11:34:47 AM »
I just spent a bunch of time in the BP cartridge forum, lots of stuff in there that pertains to the 45-120....Most, if not all of em don't know about T7 or smokeless loads for the 45-120, that surprised me.... :eek:

Offline Deadeye47

New Varmint ammo...
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 01:00:12 PM »
heck...I wasn't aware either that there was a smokeless load for the 45-120....I bet ya have to be really careful using smokeless in that big ole piece of brass....it would kinda get lost in the dark bottom of it wouldn't it????  

I can't find anything else about that new ammo using the calhoon boolits...it's not in the current catalog or on the website??????  Have you seen it anywhere or did ya just come across that one advertisement???

:oops:  :oops:  :oops: Never mind...I typed in the item number.... :oops:  :oops:
" I believe that forgiving them [terrorists] is God''s function. OUR JOB is to arrange the meeting." Gen. Schwartzkopf........AMEN  Norman  :agree:

DECEASED 10-09-05

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
New Varmint ammo...
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2005, 01:21:10 PM »
You musta missed the link in the 45-70 to 45-110 thread, but Hodgdon has loads for the 45-120 using 3 bullets and 5 smokeless powders, one of which, H4198,  I have! The loads are using a 24" barrel with federal 210M primers as stated in their annual manual.

http://www.hodgdon.com/data/cowboy/lrrd.php#45-120

Offline Deadeye47

New Varmint ammo...
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2005, 02:36:08 PM »
:oops: Duhhh..I remember seeing that info...I was lookin at the 45-70 info and was going on down the page and saw a 405 grain load again and then noticed it was for the 45-120...didn;t appy too me so I forgot about it...W0W ..Thats cool....you can utilize the best of both worlds huh???? :-)

DECEASED 10-09-05