Author Topic: Finally! some warm stuff  (Read 655 times)

Offline TOMMYY01

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Finally! some warm stuff
« on: January 30, 2005, 12:29:52 AM »
Before we got the ice and all yesterday, I popped into BPS and got a couple of things.  :eek:  Listening to yall, I went and got me a pair of boots ( irish setter 1000 grams in size 11) I put on 2 pair of socks and finally decided on size 11 . Next I got a pair of insulated overalls which were on sale for 50.00 dollars. Getting sick and tired of getting cold when I'm in the woods. Not a spring chicken anymore :wink: Since they open at 7:00 am I was there waiting for them to open up. I got a pair of these artic shields to put over my boots once I'm in the stand. I know I'll wait for deer season this year, but made sure I'm set this time. Got home and made sure noone was up yet and snuck them in the house. :)  :) Now it can do whatever it wants (weather) and I'm prepared for any type of weather. :mrgreen:
                                                                tommy
I like my trophies on my wall and in my belly

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Finally! some warm stuff
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 02:49:15 AM »
Good for you Tommy!!! Staying warm in the woods sure makes it nice!!! But a young kid like you in Nashville should not get cold, add about 10 years and then put the temperature down to -26 and add winds of 30-35 and come on out coyote hunting with me, then you will really need warm clothing!!!. Of course Sourdough will probably say that even that it balmy!!!....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline TOMMYY01

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Finally! some warm stuff
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2005, 11:35:15 AM »
Well, I appreciate the compliment. But, I hunted all over North America when I was in the Army. Retired with 26 yrs. Hunting in North Dakota I believe was the coldest. I've been trying to get by with 2 pair of long underwear and my uninsulated overalls. I remember once at Ft. Campbell one morning it was 16 degrees with no wind and thank goodness I didn't wait long to get a shot. But I still like the cold weather and I still hate the hot weather. I'm living right now in the God forbidden state of North carolina. Hope when Emily finishes her college at NC State we will be going back to nastyville, tenneshoe. I really miss home something fierce. But I had to come here for the money. Found out money isn't what it's all about. And on top of that the deer hunting here sucks really bad too. They don't have any idea of how to improve the hunting here either.Hellacatcher live sin hendersonville, tn and sourdough used to live there also until he moved.
                                                                    tommy
I like my trophies on my wall and in my belly