Author Topic: Donations To Deployed Troops  (Read 262 times)

Offline HuntenNut

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Donations To Deployed Troops
« on: January 27, 2005, 11:02:14 AM »
Hey guys, please do me a favor and go all the way to the bottom of the topic titles to "new forum suggestions".

I have posted a poll there where folks can post an APO/FPO address of their deployed loved ones, and people looking at the board can send them donations: magazines, books, handiwipes, candy, anything to help them out.

I had been trying to sell some of my old hunting/outdoor magazines on Ebay, and someone suggested that I send them over to our boys, if they didn't sell. So I pulled the auction and packaged them up. The person who sent me note's husband is over there with the 3rd ID. I sent them all the magazines with some extra goodies and a nice letter thanking them for their service and sacrifice.

Offline DaveH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Donations To Deployed Troops
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 11:53:37 AM »
I know the guys over there with really enjoy getting the magazines and the other things you sent.  As one of the guys thats been over there I thank you for the support.
If anyone want to send anything else please contact me as I'm currently stationed at the Alternate National Military Command Center and I can ship things over sea on uncles dime.  I think it would be cheaper for you to ship it here and then I/We sent it on.

Again Thank you for the support
Dave H.
US Army SFC(Ret)