Author Topic: Model 88 shotgun sock and reciever on E-bay  (Read 381 times)

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Model 88 shotgun sock and reciever on E-bay
« on: January 25, 2005, 10:14:44 AM »
OK Guys, I don't know how he got it listed but here it is....<><.... :roll:

Larger Picture

Current bid:  US $36.00

Time left:  21 hours 13 mins
7-day listing, Ends Jan-26-05 10:25:07 PST
Start time: Jan-19-05 10:25:07 PST
History: 11 bids   (US $10.00 starting bid)
High bidder: walkermtrocks ( 13)

Item location:  Watertown, New York
United States

Ships to: United States
Shipping costs: Calculate shipping costs
 Shipping, payment details and return policy

Seller information  
 willy3584 ( 69)
 Feedback Score: 69
Positive Feedback: 100%
Member since Jan-11-04 in United States

Read feedback comments
Add to Favorite Sellers
Ask seller a question
View seller's other items

PayPal Buyer Protection
Free Coverage now up to $1,000. See eligibility.  

Description    

YOU ARE BIDDING ON A SINGLE SHOT HARRINGTON AND RICHARDSON 12 GA. SHOTGUN RECIEVER AND REAR STOCK. THESE SEEM COMPLETE HOWEVER THE STOCK HAS A CRACKED SECTION NEAR THE TOE OF THE STOCK THAT APPEARS TO HAVE BEEN REPAIRED. THE RECIEVER HAS VERY LITTLE RUST AND WHAT IT HAS I BELIEVE WILL POLISH OFF WITH SOME STEEL WOOL. IT SEEMS TO BE ALL THERE WITH NO PARTS MISSING. HAMMER FUNCTIONS OK AS DOES THE BARREL LEVER.IT WILL MAKE A GOOD PARTS GUN OR WILL FUNCTION IF YOU HAVE THE BARREL AND FOREND. THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AT MY ITEM.
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 01:19:09 PM »
I wonder if you would be committing a crime by receiver it? Some one at ebay will catch on and end it probably.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 02:24:55 PM »
Quote from: Markus
I wonder if you would be committing a crime by receiver it?

Yep a big fat Federal one at that.  Automatic 5 years in the gray bar hotel I believe.  Maybe it's some kind of sting operation. :eek:  :wink: The winner gets a surprise visit from the BATF in the middle of the night.  :shock:
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline Markus

• Moderators
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 04:28:32 PM »
I think that if a law enforcement agency did it it would be entrapment. Am I wrong MSP? It's been quite a while since I was concerned with such things.

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline turkeyhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2005, 06:10:59 PM »
Looks like it got pulled.  I just pulled up all of the items for sale by willy3584 and it is not there.
Colossians 1:18b:  "That in all things He might have the pre-eminence"

Offline offhand35

• Trade Count: (74)
  • Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2005, 02:44:48 AM »
I understand that this is moot, but you would not be commiting a crime if it was sent to a licensed dealer.
Squirrel.......the OTHER dark meat.....!

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2005, 03:58:39 AM »
Your right offhand, it could be sent to an FFL for the transfer fee. And Markus it would not be entrapment since they only only offered it for sale and did not coerce of force you to do something you would not do of your own accord. Many, and most civilians, do not understand what the elements of "entrapment" actually are. When I was working drugs and we would work a sting we would put the word out on the street we were either in the market to buy or in some cases to sell a large amount of drugs, the people came with drugs or money, depending on the scenario laid out in the particular operation and on the target of the invest. After the deal was done they were arrested or the case progressed "up the ladder" to larger dealers. When it was determined to be most beneficial for us warrants were obtained and arrests were made. Many claimed "entrapment" but none ever succeeded in using it for a successful defense....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Markus

• Moderators
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2005, 03:07:57 PM »
I made a few buys as an MP but I don't ever recall doing any sales. the whole undercover drug supression thing got old real quick for me. It was a good cause and had a good net effect but I'm not a good liar, even if it was for the right reasons.