Author Topic: Picked up my new (to me) 10ga today  (Read 399 times)

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Picked up my new (to me) 10ga today
« on: January 27, 2005, 03:30:00 PM »
What a cannon !!! I can't wait to take this to the goose pit. It is an old H&R model 176 with a 36" barrel. I need a new recoil pad the origional is chewed up a little but otherwise this gun looks great. I wanted to pattern it today but didn't get a chance. The old timers at the gun store all had stories about these guns often being an extra gun in the blind or pit for when they couldn't get the birds close enough to shoot with 12Ga. It's heavy and long but it seems to come tto shoulder nicely. I'll definitely give a report after I get some shooting time.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline DaveH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2005, 03:40:58 AM »
Markus,
             Get that thing all good and cleaned up and get down here and help us out I think we are losing the war against these geese.  My friend called me this morning to inform me he had the geese coming up into his yard now.  He said he could have limited out right off this front porch.
Dave H.
US Army SFC(Ret)

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2005, 05:13:02 AM »
Dave , Ive been trying to get up with you and find out when it would be good for me to come over. You can email me at sunnybendfarm@msn.com. I'm real flexible this time of year
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun