Author Topic: Washington state legislature may ban some guns  (Read 605 times)

Offline leverfan

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
Washington state legislature may ban some guns
« on: January 28, 2005, 06:14:19 PM »
Well, there are bills to ban assault weapons, ruin gun shows, impose storage laws, etc.  Read the proposals for yourself, if you live in the evergreen state, and write a polite notice to your reps stating your feelings about these bills.

http://www.olyarms.com/?page=legislative_alert
NRA life member

Offline jh45gun

• Trade Count: (0)
Washington state legislature may ban some g
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2005, 08:54:18 PM »
evidenty the liberals are trying to take over Washington State it sure was not like that back when I was there in 76. I lived in Forks and it seemed like it was a wide open logging town. While I was there the local bartender shot a couple of guys trying to rob the place he was in his rights to do so according to local law. Heck back in WI he would have been tossed in jail. I worked out cutting shake bolts and the wood was flown out to the landing but the trucks did not show up so some one had to gaurd the wood overnight as thieves could load up a pickup worth of cedar and make 350 to 450 bucks. ( you could get over a cord or cedar on a pickup) I volunteered went back to town and grabbed my lever 30/30 and a handgun. Stopped at the local restaurant and grabbed a box lunch to take with me and stopped at the local cop shop where I had friends that worked there. I told them where I was going and when I would be back. First thing they asked was ya got enough firepower? We got a extra Win 97 riot gun if ya need it.  :grin:  Now you would never hear a cop offer than back in WI. I told them no I did not need it as I planned to let folks know I was there by flicking my ligher as they drove by. I figured that would discourage them from stealing our wood which it did as I had several visitors that night but they kept on going when they saw my light. In retrospect knowing what I know now I should have grabbed the shotgun it would have been a lot better in a night fight if I had needed it. Back to my story evidently some attitudes have changed as it sure was more like the wild west ( Washington)  back when I was there than it was back in WI. I also openly carried at night going back and forth from the restaurant I worked at after I got hurt in the woods. The cops knew it and gave me their blessings on that also. Another no no back in WI as far as the local cops are concerned. Open Carry is legal in WI but I bet you would be hassled the whole time you tried it. Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline BamBams

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2005, 12:41:28 AM »
What a cool story Jim!   I could picture everything you said, as I too, lived in Washington for a few years - near Battle Ground.  When I was there, it was just like you said.  I think it's been Californicated or something these days.  Sadly, most of the loggers are now doing something else for a living.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline magooch

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2005, 04:12:30 AM »
Not so fast guys; King County (Seattle) is a bastion of liberalism, but I assure you that most of the rest of Washington is very, very gun friendly.  As a matter of fact, I believe if we could cut King County out of the herd, Washington would be as red as Texas.

The Washington State constitution is not ambiguous a bit about the right to keep and bear arms.  Washington has about the most liberal concealed carry law going and as far as open carry; I don't think it would be a problem outside of somewhere like Seattle or Bellview.  A few years back the number of people with "Concealed Pistol Permits" in our county was over 27,000 and that is in a county with a total population of about 80,000.

All that said; the Dumbocraps have political control of the state, but that doesn't necessarily mean that they are all going to commit political suicide.
As is the case in every one of the 50 states, we have to fight the gungrabbers, constantly; they will never give up.
Swingem

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2005, 04:43:44 AM »
Quote from: BamBams
I think it's been Californicated
...as have most states anywhere near PRK, comment Dali Llama. :(  :(  :(
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline leverfan

• Trade Count: (8)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2005, 04:48:44 AM »
If you look at the names of the sponsors of these bills, you will see the same few names pop up over and over.  Over 75% of Washington counties voted republican in the last election, but the population centers along the I-5 corridor (which passes through Seattle, for you non-Washingtonians) are the source of the liberalism in the state.  Heck, even the democrat state legislators from my neck of the woods have A or A- grades from the NRA, so I'm hoping these bills will die.  If all the Washington voters that visit this site contact their law makers, that should go a long way towards shutting this down.  We've killed other anti-gun tripe, funded by Bill Gates, in the past.  Even his bucks couldn't buy more than about 30% of the votes when 676 came up for a vote by the people.

I've also posted this on Shootersville, and I hope others will help me spread this news to other sites.
NRA life member

Offline Dali Llama

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2005, 05:17:41 AM »
Quote from: leverfan
but the population centers along the I-5 corridor are the source of the liberalism in the state.  
It be very similar in PRK, say Dali Llama. :(  :(  :(
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk