Author Topic: Iraq Votes! 60% Of Population Show Up!  (Read 439 times)

Offline BamBams

• Trade Count: (0)
Iraq Votes! 60% Of Population Show Up!
« on: January 30, 2005, 09:53:46 PM »
Wouldn't it be great if that percentage of people voted here in America?

Anyway, they pulled it off.  44 people died in the process, but I believe the Iraq people have sent a loud and clear message to the world (and the terrorists) that they intend to have the freedom to govern themselves.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,145825,00.html
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline Mikey

• GBO Supporter
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 03:16:54 AM »
That's the greatest thing about a democracy.  You get to vote and to have your vote counted.  Most of the voters were Shiite Muslims - many of the Sunni Muslims refused to participate thinking a boycott would nullify the results.  Well Mr. Sunni Terrorist, ya blew it.  You get one vote per person, once during the election.  If you choose not to use that vote you don't have one dang thing to complain about later and you become a criminal if you take violent action.  Now let's see how those people react to your intent to disrupt and destroy a legitimate government.  Hoo Haa, the Iragi people have spoken.  Yes!  Just my 2 cents.  Mikey.

Offline Nightrain52

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 04:12:48 AM »
It sure is nice to know that the pain and deaths of our American service men and women at least brought something good to the Iraqi people. I am almost positive most of the news media were just waiting to report on what a big failure the elections were but it didn't materialize. I wonder how many American people would go to the polls if they thought there was a chance they would be killed. We take so many things for granted. I can only wonder what lies down the road for the USA. How much longer before some politition(s) sell us out to the UN. Hats off to the US Military Personell and a big THANK YOU.
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS

Offline FWiedner

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2005, 04:51:25 AM »
That's 60% of the "eligible" population whom, incidentally, were selected as eligible to vote by the same folks who decided that there was going to be an election, and who then selected or approved the candidates.

It's a shame that the Sunnis haven't bought into the process.  I wonder how many of the Kurdish population particiapted?

I know it's cynical but these terrorist fellows are just waiting for the election results so that they know for sure whom they want to kill, I think.

I wonder which it is, a blessing, or coodinated luck that there was so little violence during the actual polling yesterday.

Unlike our own peaceful "democratic" process, the losing side is more than willing to resort to violence if they don't get their way.

Time will tell.
They may talk of a "New Order" in the  world, but what they have in mind is only a revival of the oldest and worst tyranny.   No liberty, no religion, no hope.   It is an unholy alliance of power and pelf to dominate and to enslave the human race.

Offline magooch

Re: Iraq Votes! 60% Of Population Show Up!
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2005, 05:28:13 AM »
Quote from: BamBams
Wouldn't it be great if that percentage of people voted here in America?

No it wouldn't be great.  I think there are already too many people who vote, not knowing what or who the hell they are voting for.  Rather than always wanting more folks to participate in the electorial process, wouldn't it be better if more voters would get better informed?
Swingem