Author Topic: Purpose of new Forum  (Read 2366 times)

Offline Greybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • Graybeard Outdoors
Purpose of new Forum
« on: January 31, 2005, 03:51:37 PM »
Guys I must be losing my mind. I typed a long brilliant (if I do say so myself)  :-D post introducing this forum and it went into cyberspace just before supper. Man I hate it when that happens.  :eek:

Anyway I'll try to do it again but it may lack the brilliance of the first try.

For a long time now Matt and I have been running around options for having a good news section on GBO. We tried it on the Home Page but it never got anywhere. We didn't have time to look the stuff up daily and no one else stepped in to do it.

Today 2-3 folks have mentioned some thing that has tripped a switch in my memory banks and this is now the result. A forum to do it. This may or may not be the final resting place for it. I want it to be for all the GBO members not just a small part of the site. So if we decide another section is more appropriate we'll move it.

I'm gonna need a hard charging Moderator here. One willing to devote the time it takes daily to search the net for news worthy stories to post here. I see the moderators main function on this one getting the news stories to us. That's gonna take more effort than many are likely to be willing to make for this. Yup that I am aware of. But somewhere in GBO membership land I'm betting we've got a good candidate who will step forward and say I VOLUNTEER, PICK ME.

Co-Moderators? Dunno. That's a decision I always leave to the person initially selected. If they ask for it then I agree. If they want it on their own I've never forced it. Could help I guess as it will be a task that involves more than average effort on the part of the moderator.

For sure it's not a job I'd want. Heck if I was moderator you guys wouldn't get much news.  :-D

But if you feel like you're the person for the job then PM me and tell me about it. Now taking applications for the job of Moderator.

No telling who will wind up here. Just think not so long ago you guys were telling me to please not let Fred in the door and now he's a moderator and doing great not just at that but as a member of GBO in general. Boy were you guys wrong.  :roll:

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
Purpose of new Forum
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 06:14:35 PM »
Bill:

Can we make nonminations for this post???

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Purpose of new Forum
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 07:04:21 PM »
Can we make nonminations for this post???

Sure.  :roll: But it don't mean they will take it or I'll agree either.  :eek:  But if a well qualified candidate would step forward and volunteer they just might be employed before they know it.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
Purpose of new Forum
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2005, 07:10:03 PM »
Hmmmmm...perhaps I should just wait and see then...I know of 1 good canadate...that would be perfect for the position...he's always on top...of the latest breaking stories published all over the web...

Mac

Offline BamBams

Purpose of new Forum
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2005, 07:16:11 PM »
Normally, I'd jump to volunteer for this because I believe it will really take off and become interesting since people have recently said they enjoy having the news that they are interested in centralized into one location - but I know you are also aware that I just don't have the time to keep up with it right now. Just letting ya know I thinks it's a marvelous idea though. <pout>
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline Dali Llama

Re: Purpose of new Forum
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2005, 01:41:49 AM »
Quote from: Greybeard
not so long ago you guys were telling me to please not let Fred in the door and now he's a moderator and doing great not just at that but as a member of GBO in general. Boy were you guys wrong.  :roll:
Which "Fred" and what forum do that be, inquire Dali Llama? :?
AKA "Blademan52" from Marlin Talk

Offline Greybeard

• Administrator
  • A Real Regular
    • Graybeard Outdoors
Purpose of new Forum
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2005, 03:07:54 AM »
The one and only Fred Wiedner and the Forum would be the Second Amendment and Political Action Forum.

Bill aka the Graybeard

Offline Dali Llama

Purpose of new Forum
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2005, 07:21:46 AM »
Quote from: Greybeard
The one and only Fred Wiedner and the Forum would be the Second Amendment and Political Action Forum.

:shock: Thanks for answering question, say Dali Llama. :shock:

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
Purpose of new Forum
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2005, 07:32:54 AM »
Well...I guess I'll post my nomination for this position...you all know him...he has posted so-much news worthy information as of late...he seems to be the logical choice for the job...

I hereby Nominate our very own Dali-Llama for this position...he would be great at keeping up with all the news out on the web :D

Mac

Offline jh45gun

Purpose of new Forum
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2005, 07:49:32 AM »
I will second that Mac, it sounds like a perfect fit to me. Well Dali go for it! I and Mac are for it and I bet others here would be also. You do a good job at it might as well put your talents to work!  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  Jim
Said I never had much use for one, never said I didn't know how to use it.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Purpose of new Forum
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2005, 08:20:04 AM »
Yer guys could be right. He does do a lot of that kinda thing on the site. But so far I've seen no indication of interest on his part.

Bill aka the Graybeard
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline jh45gun

Purpose of new Forum
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2005, 09:59:29 AM »
Well I sent Dali a PM and told him I thought he would be a good choice here so I guess now it is up to GB and him if he takes the job. Sounds like a good match to me. I hope he takes it. He is good at finding those interesting articles.

Offline BamBams

Purpose of new Forum
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2005, 11:09:15 AM »
I'd like to nominate Mr. D. Llama Esq. for this position as well.  I see it as a perfect fit since he already seems to post a lot of newsworthy material anyway.  Besides, what would be the point of putting the news in our "catch all" forum now that GB has made one here just for news?  Seems like a duplication of efforts. I've been kinda concerned about that.

Just think Dali, you can become famous like Jim is!  Jim are you still going to do that gig on the Jerry Springer show?  Fweddie was a perfect match for the 2nd Amendment forum in my opinion.    Hmmmm......maybe GBs is on a roll!
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline mjbgalt

• Trade Count: (26)
Purpose of new Forum
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2005, 03:01:09 PM »
i was going to mention him too but i wasnt sure if GB would be ok with the idea...now that i see he is, i am officially endorsing him lol.

-matt
I have it on good authority that the telepromter is writing a stern letter.

Offline jh45gun

Purpose of new Forum
« Reply #14 on: February 01, 2005, 04:07:37 PM »
Jerry Springer??????????? Bambams you been in the mason jar again? :shock:

Offline Dali Llama

Purpose of new Forum
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2005, 02:28:57 AM »
Quote from: BamBams
I'd like to nominate Mr. D. Llama Esq. for this position as well.  I see it as a perfect fit since he already seems to post a lot of newsworthy material anyway.  Besides, what would be the point of putting the news in our "catch all" forum now that GB has made one here just for news?  Seems like a duplication of efforts. I've been kinda concerned about that.

Just think Dali, you can become famous like Jim is!  

Dali Llama say he be humbled by and grateful for numerous nominations of him to be moderator of Today's Important News forum.  Dali say he overcome with emotion due to feelings of gratitude toward those honorable forum members who apparently think highly enough of him to nominate him for such a position.  Dali say he have given matter considerable thought and due deliberation.  Dali say, however, that he must respectully decline this opportunity due to familial and occupational obligations which preclude devotion of the appropriate amount of time to this task.  Dali say that honorable forum members truly deserve more time and effort than he can reasonably commit to task at present time.

Dali add that he will continue to research and submit relevant news articles as time permit, and as he have done today.  Dali say he hope his postings today "kick start" new forum appropriately.

Offline jh45gun

Purpose of new Forum
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2005, 03:40:49 AM »
Well even Dali did not accept the position I am sure Dail will keep the site busy with his articles. Maybe Dali you could Co moderate with some one. Jim

Offline Dali Llama

Purpose of new Forum
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2005, 07:25:32 AM »
Quote from: jh45gun
Well even Dali did not accept the position I am sure Dail will keep the site busy with his articles.
8)  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:  8)