Author Topic: odd 20ga  (Read 557 times)

Offline BUGEYE

• Trade Count: (3)
odd 20ga
« on: February 02, 2005, 03:33:00 AM »
I bought my daughter a nef 20ga youth model for Christmas and can't find it in the 2003 or 2004 catalog.  I got it at walmart it has a 13LOP a 22" modified barrel, no recoil pad, just a buttplate and it has a laminated stock and forearm instead of the birch stock.  I'm really puzzled that it's not in the catalog or on the website.    ??????
Give me liberty, or give me death
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
odd 20ga
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 10:45:43 AM »
That's a mystey? post a pic if you can. I was going to say NTWF model but they had a medalion and recoil pad. Is it green or brown laminate ?Straight or pistol grip stock?
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Markus

• Moderators
odd 20ga
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 10:58:04 AM »
Sure its not an SB1-250?

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
odd 20ga
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 11:46:26 AM »
BUGEYE,

If you have the box it will have a model # on the end something like (SB1-250), that will help us figure out what it is.

Does it have a NEF Medallion in the stock with Limited Edition on it? H&R/NEF make a few guns every year that are not in the catalog. I have a NEF 20ga Ultra Slug Hunter LE that is not listed in any catalog. It has the laminated stock w/medallion but with no checkering like the H&R on the stock and forearm. We also have the NWTF Topper Jr. Classic in 20ga with the laminated stock w/NWTF Medallion and recoil pad.

Some of the buyers belong to a special buyers group and make group purchases every year that are exclusive to that group. Thats why you see these seemingly one of a kind guns out there that are Limited Editions for these buyers groups. The group then gets big discounts from H&R/NEF for buying as a group instead of being one little Mom & Pop operation.

The place I buy my H&R/NEF's from belongs to a buyers group and have better prices than most of the BIG National Chain Stores.
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline BUGEYE

odd 20ga
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2005, 12:35:38 PM »
Well, I went up in the attic and looked at the box and it doesn't say 250, it says SB1-025.  the laminate is a nice light brown color.
I guess it must be some kind of walmart special run or something.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline Markus

• Moderators
odd 20ga
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2005, 01:07:58 PM »
Is the laminate stock the same color as the Ultr rifles. If so they call it cinnamon.

Offline tony212

• Contributor
odd 20ga
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2005, 01:13:12 PM »
I bought my wife one a couple of years ago. Her's too had no recoil pad, but it was a youth stock. I called NEF and the man told me they made some odd ones that went to WalMart only that had youth stocks and no recoil pads.
Tony212

Offline BUGEYE

odd 20ga
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2005, 03:22:22 AM »
I guess it could be called cinnamon. it's really a good looking stock. I may buy her another one with a recoil pad and keep this one for myself. the 13"LOP is perfect when I'm wearing my insulated coveralls.
                                     Patrick Henry

bugeye

Offline turkeyhunter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
odd 20ga
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2005, 03:29:26 AM »
I picked up a 243 youth for my son last Christmas and was baffled as well.  It has a beautiful cinnamon laminate stock with a recoil pad and a bull barrel.  I think my wife threw out the box so I don't know what model it is.  I love the gun though.  It is beautiful.
Colossians 1:18b:  "That in all things He might have the pre-eminence"