Author Topic: Camp Ins.  (Read 524 times)

Offline REH

• Trade Count: (0)
Camp Ins.
« on: February 01, 2005, 06:00:17 PM »
I need the name of a respectable ins. co.  for camp ins. It is a year round hunting camp. It is on leased land. Any info is helpful.
Thanks,
REH
It's time for THE SILENT MAJORITY to quit being silent!!

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
Camp Ins.
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 02:27:27 AM »
Check with the NRA member services at www.nra.org.  They offer various insurances including firearm, life and auto so they may be able to help with the hunting camp as well.  Good luck.
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Camp Ins.
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 10:12:30 AM »
I have Allstate Insurance on my camp in Maine for almost 10 years and they seem fine. But then again I have never had a claim. I used to have them for my home in Massachusetts and used them twice for damage to the house and they seemed pretty decent, but then stupid Massachusetts laws forced them from the state by making is so difficult to do business here....<><.... :roll:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline BamBams

Camp Ins.
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 11:35:27 AM »
If you're a veteran - give USAA a call.  Their rates are better than most, and the reputation is impeccible.
NRA Handgun Instructor

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Camp Ins.
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2005, 01:18:41 PM »
Never thought about them for camp insurance BB, Thanks, I'll give them a call!!....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline REH

Camo Insurance
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2005, 02:10:06 AM »
Guys, I really appreciate your time & information! It was breought to our attention that we didn't have any so I thought to look into it!
Thanks again,
REH
It's time for THE SILENT MAJORITY to quit being silent!!

Offline EAGLE EYE 444

CAMP INSURANCE
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2005, 05:48:05 PM »
REH,
Having camp insurance is surely the best protection.  I remember around last August where an entire camp with about a dozen or so campers was pretty much destroyed by fire.  This happened here in Georgia and it was during the middle of the week so there were no hunters there as it was pre-season.  The sad thing is that by being located back in an isolated area, it took the local all-volunteer fire department extra time also because the locks had to be cut on the gates along the way in order to get to the camp.  Some of the propane tanks had erupted by the time they got on the scene and the fires went from one camper over to the next because of the higher winds that day.  I am sure that several hunters were totally devasted as well upon hearing the news.  Most of these hunters lived in other counties and some even in another state.  I remember back in 1978, we began leasing property for our hunting club.  It only consisted of about 8 of us which were all friends and relatives.  We had several campers including pop-ups and also some regular 20-24 ft campers.  I remember we would all get together in the early fall and try to clean any leaves and other debris from around and under our campers.  We did this to try and eliminate the possibility of fire damage.  We hunted this property until 2002 and we also enjoyed it year-round because it bordered a massive lake with great fishing and we fished from the boat dock on many, many nights while catching 1-3 pound crappies and being able to have our supper cooked on the end of the boat dock.  Man, what a life.  The owners of the property died and their son and daughter cut and sold all of the timber in 2003.  They then sold the property for $300,000 and a friend of mine bought it.  He turned around and resold it on the same day (on the other end of the table) for $600,000.  We all thought the $300,000 (without the timber) was ludicrious but when $600,000 was paid, I just couldn't believe it.  I thought the man that bought it had more money than sense and would never be able to get full dollars worth.  But a visit to the tax office confirmed last week that he sold it for $750,000 recently to the owner of a Medical Pathology Testing Lab.  I can not conceive of what might be done next but I guess I know now why the lab testing is so expensive.  

Campers are not cheap either.  I would surely suggest getting insurance as soon as possible and be sure to take plenty of photos of every possible detail of your camper so that its value can be determined more easily.   Looks like you've got some good insurance companies to start checking with.
MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS:   SILENTP51@AOL.COM

-------------------------------------------------------

MY DADDY WAS A PISTOL AND I'M A SON OF A GUN.................LEWIS GRIZZARD