Author Topic: Oddball Combo Identification  (Read 321 times)

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Oddball Combo Identification
« on: February 07, 2005, 12:13:27 AM »
I just bought a Combo at Gander Mountain that puzzels me.  I like it, but it is odd. The Model number on the box is SB1-G15.  It is a 12ga with 24in Mod. barrel and Accy barrel is 24in rifled barre.  This is what is on the tag on the box.  One barrel is stamped Cylinder Bore, it has rifle sites and is rifled.  The other barrel is stamped Modified and measures .712  I.D. at the muzzel. (measured by the gunsmith at Gander Mountain)  According to some charts this makes it a little more open than Modified.  HELP !  Does anyone know what I am dealing with here?  I have seen Tracker II's in the store where the barrels were stamped Cyl.Bore.  Do they only stamp them as Rifled if it is the Ultra Slug gun?  Also, I cannot find anything on the NEF site or catalog or papers with the gun that lists a 24 MOD. Barrel.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Oddball Combo Identification
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2005, 10:52:25 AM »
IU've never heard of a combo like that. The only 24"mod barrel that I know of was the survivor barrel that They quit making. I wanted one but never picked on up.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun