Author Topic: Hi Standard Sports King SK100  (Read 1118 times)

Offline Doctor Sam

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Hi Standard Sports King SK100
« on: January 30, 2005, 07:07:54 PM »
I inherited this .22 semi-auto.  Upon firing, the round from the magazine would hang under the firing pin as it protruded from the breech face and jam part way into the barrel.

I disassembled and removed the firing pin and cleaned everything.  I did not find a firing pin spring.

Does this gun operate with a free floating firing pin?

Many thanks.
Doctor Sam
Dr. Sam

Offline jhm

« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 03:36:13 AM »
Sam :  The breakdown of all the other High-Standards show a firing pin spring  go to http://stevespages.com/page7a.htm and it will show them in detail, not the model you have but will give you a look see. :D    JIM

Offline Doctor Sam

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2005, 07:11:05 PM »
I was able to track down Hi Standard.  They are made in Houston now.  Spoke with them about this problem and also needed a slide stop spring.  This pistol does have a floating firing pin.  No spring.  After cleaning it worked fine.
Slide stop spring will be from one of their parts suppliers: G W Elliott Co in West Hartfort, CT as the minimum order from the factory is $20.  Spring + S&H is $7.50.  Sure small and I will consider a little epoxy to keep it in.
I'm looking forward to shooting this as I believe these old guns were well made.
Now, if I could just find a couple of magazines at a reasonable price.........
Dr. Sam
Dr. Sam

Offline Catfish

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2005, 04:42:58 AM »
All of the old High Standers were well made guns and well worth putting alittle money in them to keep them in first class shape. If you hit afew gun shows you should be able to find some clips, but they won`t be cheap.